: A character has prophetic dreams of a future event.
- Straight: Marguerite dreams of meeting a man, a stranger, in a rose garden. Later that day, she visits a rose garden she has heard of, and meets the man.
- Exaggerated: Marguerite dreams that she woke up, went through her day, went back to bed, etc until the day of her death; then she wakes up and has to live through it all, without variance.
- Downplayed: Marguerite has a dream of a rose garden, but later finds the details hard to remember.
- Justified: Marguerite is a Seer.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Marguerite goes to the rose garden and tries to convince herself that it looks like the dream —not much — and meets no one.
- Double Subverted: Except that the man had been invisible and watching her.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Marguerite has no prophetic dreams.
- Enforced: "We need a romantic way for them to meet."
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Marguerite tries to walk the same paths as she did in the dream.
- Defied: Marguerite deliberately avoids the rose garden.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Dreaming of Things to Come
— I dreamed that you would, you know.