Playing With: Dreaming of a White Christmas
: Unless the story is set in a very warm/arid climate, it will always snow in winter.
- Straight: Whenever it's winter, it snows enough to give a nice, even coat on the ground.
- At midnight on the winter solstice, there is a huge snowfall that creates an instant "white Christmas."
- The setting is in Australia.
- Downplayed: Winter scenes are accompanied by sparse flurries of snowfall.
- Justified: The story is set relatively far North, in a place that really does get regular and thick winter snowfall.
- Inverted: The story is set in a place where winter is the Dry Season, and summer is the Wet Season.
- Subverted: The characters walk through a field of snow, which turns out to be from the snow machine at a ski resort.
- Double Subverted: …but the next day, there's a blizzard that leaves a real field of snow behind it.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: The story takes place over several years. Some of these years have thick snowfalls, but others don't.
- Averted: The story is set in Florida.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "As you can see by the greeting-card snowfall, it is winter."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Dreaming of a White Christmas
, and we can have a snowball fight!