'''Basic Trope''': A character is protected from a specific form of harm by a disability.
* '''Straight''': Bob the Blind is immune to Alice's mind control rays because he can't see them.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice the Evil's entire power set relies on her victim being able to see. Bob's friends simply lock the two of them in a room until he finally walks into her and slays her.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is partially sighted, which protects him from Alice's gaze attacks, but he still needs to train hard in order to be able to fight with worse than average eyesight.
* '''Justified''': [[NoEyeInMagic You need to see Alice]] to get mind controlled.
** Alice's powers work better on someone with a disability of some sort.
** Bob's SuperSenses mean he is even more vunerable to Alice's mind control.
** [[ImmunityDisability Bob is immune to magic, meaning he is "immune" to the healing spells that his allies try to cast on him]].
* '''Subverted''': Bob claims he is immune to Alice's mind control, but then succumbs to it.
* '''Double Subverted''': He was faking mind control so Alice would let her guard down.
* '''Parodied''': ???
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** Bob's blindness does not protect him from mind control.
** None of the characters are disabled.
* '''Enforced''': We need to have Alice's pride dented as part of a HumiliationConga. Let's have someone defeat her with a weakness.
** "Who would have though a blind person would prove a threat to me! The Mistress of [[NoEyeInMagic gaze attacks]]!"
** "I got you now Bob!" "Huh, what? I can't hear you! I forgot my hearing aids today!"
** Bob is recruited specifically to deal with Alice.
** Bob blinds himself to avoid Alice's attacks.
** The Kingdom of Freedonia encourages disabled children to become adventurers for this reason.
* '''Exploited''': Bob strikes the now-powerless Alice down on the spot [[AchievementsInIgnorance without ever realising this trope was in play.]]
* '''Defied''': Alice enhances her power to affect blind people.
* '''Discussed''': "Are you sure you can handle Bob? He's blind, you know." "Yes, I know he's blind. But no matter what you may hear, [[NoEyeInMagic you don't have to see me to succumb to my mind control]]."
* '''Conversed''': "I knew Bob would do it. Why didn't they just ask him to defeat Alice in the first place, instead of needlessly killing off [[RedShirtArmy all those sighted heroes]]? [[CouldHaveAvoidedThisPlot That would have made a lot more sense.]]"
* '''Implied''': Alice's gaze attack hypnotizes the other heroes, but Bob the Blind is unaffected and finishes her off.
* '''Deconstructed''': Because he's blind, Bob has a much harder time than the other heroes.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Bob walks straight past Alice's SchmuckBait traps, unaware that his friends are caught in them.
** Autistic Alex can see through all of Dave's masquerades.
-->'''Alex:''' "Dave, is that you?"
* '''Played For Drama''': Parents weepingly blind their children on purpose to spare them from Alice the Evil.
Back to DisabilityImmunity
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???