Playing With: Daytime Drama Queen
: Someone who is not normally expected to
watch soap operas...does.
- Straight: Bob watches a Soap Opera
- Exaggerated: Bob is addicted to this series...and is always blubbering over the dramatic scenes. He gets all the other guys in the series hooked on this soap.
- Downplayed: ???
- Inverted: Alice watches a football game
- Bob quickly changes the channel to football when he hears Alice's footsteps.
- Bob is watching a popular Prime Time Soap.
- Double Subverted:
- But as soon as she's gone, he's back to his soap opera.
- Said Prime Time Soap is primarily geared towards women, and the other guys make fun of Bob for it (or he worries that they will and so he keeps his interest in it a secret.)
- Parodied: Bob is watching with every bathrobe-clad, curler-wearing housewife in town...and has a bathrobe and curlers too.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob does not watch soap operas.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny.
- Lampshaded: "You watch soaps?!"
- Invoked: Bob finds himself laid off and between jobs. Since time wears quickly, he turns on the TV, but there isn't much on besides soap operas.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob feels that watching a soap (however interesting it may be) would be an affront to his masculinity, so he doesn't watch soaps.
- Discussed: "I heard Bob was watching a soap opera..."
- Conversed: "Men watching soaps... What's next?"
- Played For Laughs: Bob is more into the soap than Alice is.
- Played For Drama: Bob displays a disturbing degree of obsession for the program, which is a not so subtle hint towards his broken state of mind triggered by causes not related to the show itself.
Back to Daytime Drama Queen