Playing With: Cutscene Boss
: The Final Boss
is defeated in a cutscene.
- Straight: In Tales of Troperia, Bob fights his way through a castle, slashing through hundreds of mooks, and finally reaches the lair of Sir Evil. Instead of a typical battle, the game shows a cutscene of Bob throwing his sword and slaying Lord Evil.
- Exaggerated: Every single battle Bob gets into, even against minor mooks, plays out in a cutscene.
- Justified: The Unfought.
- Inverted: The whole game is cutscenes except for the boss battles.
- Double Subverted: The real battle lasts for a few moments with nothing happening, then goes back to a cutscene of Bob defeating Sir Evil.
- Parodied: The gameplay engine (or the cutscene itself) depicts Sir Evil showing Bob a video of how the battle would play out in a cutscene; then Sir Evil keels over defeated.
- Zig Zagged: Bob fights the boss as usually, but after bringing HP to zero, a cutscene plays him finishing the boss... just to revealed that boss still has two more forms, which are fought in traditional way aside from the finishing part where Bob deals a final blow for both formes in a cutscene.
- Averted: Bob doesn't defeat any bosses in a cutscene.
- Enforced: The creators had a cool way to kill off the villain that can't be achieved with the usual game mechanics.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Cutscene Boss