: A character wants to get a part in a TV show/movie/play
and must have sex with a producer or casting director to do so.
- Straight: Alice is auditioning for the lead role in a play, and is told she must have sex with the director.
- If she refuses, not only will she not get the part, she will be blacklisted and basically unable to pursue her acting career.
- In order to get in the play, Alice has to sleep with the entire cast and crew.
- Downplayed: Alice gets the part first, but is harassed by the director.
- Justified: Alice is auditioning for a role in the adult entertainment industry.
- The director must have sex with Alice if he wants her to be part of the cast.
- If Alice sleeps with the director, she will not get the role she wants (e.g. a Secret Test of Character).
- Taking it a step further, Alice makes one too many unwanted advances towards the director, and is told that if she doesn't knock it off, they'll kick her off the project.
- Alice refuses to have sex with the director.
- The director does make a pass at Alice, but he still gives her the part when she refuses.
- Double Subverted: Because of her refusal, Alice is cast as an extra instead of the lead, or cut from the cast entirely.
- All the female characters form a harem for the director.
- Every place Alice looks for acting work has this as a stipulation.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Sexual favors of any kind do not factor into Alice getting the role
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "If you want this role, you must do one thing: sleep with me, right here and now."
- Invoked: The director gets a Raging Stiffie for Alice and tells her she'll get the role she wants, in order to make her more willing to sleep with him.
- Exploited: ???
- The director feels this is wrong and doesn't do this.
- Or, Alice refuses and goes looking for acting work elsewhere.
- Discussed: "So, I heard Alice slept with the director to get the role..."
- Conversed: "Ugh, disgusting. Whatever happened to casting people based on their acting talent, rather than their talent in bed?"
- Deconstructed: Because this involves Sexual Extortion (i.e. blackmailing someone into sex), this technically counts as rape.
- Reconstructed: Alice goes to find work elsewhere. It may not be easy, but she won't be reduced to what's basically a whitewashed prostitute for it.
- Played For Laughs: Alice is very Hollywood Homely
- Played For Drama: Alice must choose between her dignity and her career.
Back to Casting Couch