: A character enjoys reading books.
- Straight: Bob spends most of his time reading books.
- Exaggerated: Bob has an obsession with books that interferes with his daily life to the point that he Forgets to Eat for days.
- Bob only reads books that he enjoys.
- Bob only reads every-once in a while.
- Justified: Bob's parents encouraged him to read since he was a child.
- Inverted: Bob despises reading.
- Subverted: Bob has knowledge of many books, but actually just reads summaries of them.
- Double Subverted: Bob has a big library at home, with walls covered with books in all rooms. However, he claims the books are only decorative and fake. When Alice takes one to look at it, she finds out that it's a real book and that there are notes written by Bob who actually reads a lot and loves his books dearly.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob seems to read a lot, but he says he actually re-reads only one book. When Alice speaks about something peculiar, Bob says he's read about it in a book. His friends start to believe him a great reader again, he says it's from that one book. They swallowed the bait, but when Bob proves himself knowledgeable on other things later, nobody ever questions his being a well-read man.
- Averted: Bob doesn't particularly like or enjoy reading.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Bob always has his nose in a book. It's like he's a geek from a film."
- Bob wants to appear educated and intelligent, and starts carrying books about himself. He starts to read them as well, and surprisingly he enjoys it.
- Alice says to Bob that she will only date a boy who is well-read and who loves books. Bob likes her and start reading a lot in order to impress her.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob's son Cecil keeps bringing home a lots of books. His father is a nasty character who doesn't approve of reading, thinking that it will make Cecil a wuss. He keeps throwing Cecil's books into garbage.
- Discussed: "Do you know Bob's brother Billy? They have hundreds of books at home and he has read most of them."
- Conversed: "I love it how nerdy or geeky characters in TV shows always talk about reading and always carry a book about them. And it's Truth in Television!"
Looks up from book. Back to Bookworm