'''Basic Trope''': A birthmark marks a character as special in some way, possibly as TheChosenOne.
* '''Straight''': Susie has a birthmark on her arm in the shape of a sun, meaning she's TheChosenOne.
* '''Exaggerated''': Susie has an enormous and unsubtle birthmark over much of her face and neck, which just so happens to be sun-shaped if you look at the whole thing.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
* '''Justified''': Susie's mother was visited during her pregnancy by a [[TouchedByVorlons supernatural force that blessed her unborn daughter with magical powers.]]
** In a universe where everyone has some kind of special birthmark, the fact that Susie ''doesn't'' have one makes her special.
** [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic Finding one's destiny results in getting the mark.]]
** Initially, due to her birthmark, TheCall ''thought'' Susie was TheChosenOne, but [[MissedTheCall The Call dialled a wrong number]] and she's actually just an ordinary person.
** The birthmark was false and it had been created by the BigBad to trick people.
* '''Double Subverted''': But TheCall was wrong ''again,'' and as it turns out, Susie has a ''second'' birthmark which ''is'' the correct marker.
** Susie's birthmark is in an embarrassing place, such as on her behind, or incredibly tiny, such as a small mark between her toes.
** Susie brags about how she has this weird birthmark on her upper left arm that kinda looks like an armadillo if you squint, meaning she's clearly the chosen one.
* '''Zig Zagged''': A lot of birthmark is involved in the plot, and the story often played with which is the true mark of TheChosenOne.
** TheChosenOne doesn't have a birthmark.
** TheChosenOne have a birthmark that's not linked to the fact she's TheChosenOne.
* '''Enforced''': The writer add a birthmark because the producer want sell some fake tattoo.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Well, I was born with a birthmark in the shape of a SUN. Obviously, I was destined for ''something.''"
* '''Invoked''': the ChooserOfTheChosenOne assumes he must be looking for someone with a birthmark because of this.
* '''Exploited''': A deceptive mentor uses this as proof that someone is TheChosenOne, when in reality, he's just trying to manipulate that person for his own gain.
* '''Defied''': Despite having a sun-shaped birthmark that clearly seems "special," Susie is determined to [[RefusalOfTheCall refuse the call]] and [[IJustWantToBeNormal live a normal life.]]
* '''Discussed''': Susie and her friends wonder if their birthmarks mean anything, beside the fact that they have skin anomalies.
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Due to the association of birthmarks with special powers, people with large or visible birthmarks are ostracized and are poorly treated by society.
* '''Reconstructed''': ...But after Susie defeats the BigBad, she sets an example for the populace and gives them a lecture or two [[SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped about prejudice.]]
Hmm, is that the BirthmarkOfDestiny on your arm?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???