Playing With: Appliance Defenestration
: Someone becomes enraged with a product and throws it out the window.
- Played Straight: Bob has trouble with his computer and throws it out the window.
- Downplayed: Bob picks up his computer and faces the window, and almost throws it, but calms down before he actually does.
- The computer wraps Bob up with the mouse cord or headphones or all the cords in the back and uses them to throw him out the window.
- Someone outside throws a computer through Bob's window.
- Subverted: Bob decides to try some troubleshooting to fix the problem first.
- Double Subverted: But when that becomes frustrating, he picks up his wireless mouse and throws it at the wall.
- Parodied: Bob finds out that his wife, Alice, is cheating, only married him for his money, and she took the last Oreo. In response, he throws his computer, his televison, his microwave, his radio, and his dog out the window.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob doesn't throw the computer out the window.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny, Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket
- "I think Bob's having some serious computer trouble..."
- "I think that might have voided the warranty."
- Invoked: Bob is already having a terrible day, is not good with computers to begin with...and receives an error message.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob decides not to panic and calmly and politely call Seamus O'Taku at Tech Support.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Was throwing the computer out the window really necessary?"
- Deconstructed: Bob's computer problem isn't very serious and can be easily fixed - Bob is just too stupid to check first, and regrets it.
- Played For Drama: Alice cheated on Bob (with his best friend Carl, no less!), and he's (understandably) angry with her, so he throws all her things on the front lawn before presenting her with divorce papers and a "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
Back to Appliance Defenestration