: An art style where drawn or anime characters have exotic and improbable hair styles.
- Played Straight: Bob has spiky hair.
- Exaggerated: Bob has spiky hair so large and thick that it is bigger than the rest of his body.
- Downplayed: Bob's spiky hair is unusual but not too implausible.
- Justified: Bob grew out his hair and uses a large amount of gel.
- Inverted: Bob is bald.
- Subverted: Bob looks like he has a crazy hairstyle... but it's just a wig.
- Double Subverted: ...Which covers up a hairstyle even crazier.
- Parodied: Bob actually uses his hair spikes as a weapon.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob has a normal hairstyle.
- Enforced: "Our hero needs something cool that he will be easily recognized by. How about we give him big spiky hair?"
- Lampshaded: "Geez Bob, how long does it take for you to get that style every morning?"
- Invoked: Bob is a cosplaying as his favorite anime hero, even including the hair as part of his costume.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob cuts his hair to a short and practical style.
- Discussed: "I think that Bob is Compensating for Something."
- Conversed: "What is it with anime heroes and improbable hairstyles?"
- Deconstructed: While going undercover, Bob is easily recognized by his enemies because of his hair.
- Reconstructed: His recognizable hair prevents a Friend or Foe situation.
Back to Anime Hair