: A character is fat, although is athletic and can move like he wasn't.
- Straight: Bob is overweight but manages to compete with the much slimmer Alice.
- Exaggerated: Bob is morbidly obese, and yet is able to run at super sonic speeds.
- Downplayed: Bob is a bit overweight, but manages to be a bit more athletic than other people his size.
- Justified: Bob has been trained for years, learning how to transfer his fat into speed and turn his disadvantage into an advantage
- Inverted: An extremely fit looking Alice moves around and has the exact athletic ability of the obese, slow moving and nonathletic Bob.
- Bob was wearing a fat suit.
- Bob is always described as being fat, yet when Alice meets him, he's not as fat as he was described.
- Double Subverted:
- Yet he's still fat under that suit.
- Instead, he's even fatter.
- Parodied: Bob is so fat he moves by rolling around as a bowling ball in a race and wins!
- Zig Zagged: Bob isn't the only fat character, and others aren't athletic.
- Averted: Fat people are never unrealistically acrobatic.
- Lampshaded:"Wait, how did he just defeat all of our men in a race when he's over 400 pounds!?"
- Invoked: Bob doesn't drop his speed and agility training despite his girth.
- Exploited: Bob's obesity is part of his strategy to make his competitors not take him seriously so that he can surprise them during the race.
- Bob works to lose weight and regain a healthy weight.
- Bob drops speed and agility training in favour of becoming a Mighty Glacier.
- Discussed: "I bet tubby over there is going to beat all of us down single-handily."
- Played For Laughs:
- Bob is shown running the race while his fat bounces up and down and he barely breaks a sweat, while the fitter Alice is shown hardly keeping up.
- Bob is the first to cross the finish line, but loses the race on a technicality: too many of the people who were ahead of him couldn't get out of the way in time, and got Squashed Flat.
- Played For Drama: Bob had to overcome many ordeals to make it this far into the race, constantly being mocked for being different. The race becomes intense as he and Alice race neck and neck to the finish line.
Back to Acrofatic