* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-10-24 As if Schlock wasn't disturbing enough.]]
** The one from 2001 involving the crew fighting a bunch of ''Alien'' style creatures would have been scary enough, but having it ''from the alien children's point of view'' somehow made it even scarier and more depressing. The way Schlock finishes them all off is mild in comparison.
* Schlocktoberfest 2005 -- [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2005-11-09 Kevyn's assessment of what happened to PFC Adam Monk ]] [[spoiler: after being eaten alive by a megalodon]]; suddenly those healing upgrades don't seem like such a good idea after all....
* Illustrated in-universe in [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2006-03-25 this strip]].
** Some more in-universe use during the Tough's stint in Haven Hive. Anyone that's watched Schlock [[EatenAlive get to work when unarmed]] tends to be terrified into submission, to the point one hostage demanded to be treated as a bullet shield instead.
* Schlock and Ennesby [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-05-13 find out where abductees on a station have gone]].
* Weaponized Blood Nannites are [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-10-14 cruel]], probably qualify as a WMD, and certainly cause [[https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-10-21 nightmares]].
* Laz-R-Us/Redhack. You are now an immortal being... and a deep-black intelligence agency now has a backdoor into your brain. They have absolutely no qualms wiping your mind clean and installing a copy of a sadistic sociopath in your head for whatever purpose they need. Worse, if the gestalt of your mind is fresh enough, there's a good chance the violent monster that replaced you can successfully pretend to ''be'' you... and if that fails, they can just transform into an armored monstrosity and kill ''everything you have ever known and loved'' to keep their cover.
* We finally get our first look at a [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-16 Pa'anuri]].
* Hearing [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-22 this]] out of your now-crazed shipmind.
** Not to mention one of her very first acts after getting back in control of the ship was to make a [[GravityMaster gravitic]] grab for Thurl (who put her in [[AndIMustScream sensory deprivation to start with]]) and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-12 slowly twist his head off at the neck]].
* Peri snaps her fingers and Elf casually [[https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2017-11-30 rips a prisoner's arms off]]. Admittedly, he had it coming but it is still brutal.
* When your combat medic admits to having trouble distinguishing [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2017-12-01 left limbs from right limbs]].
* The very concept of the ''long-gun'', which makes it possible to destroy a target at any location without prior warning and with no possible defence.
* It's played for laughs and they kind-of had it coming, but Schlock is going around this ship [[https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2018-04-24 ambushing crewmembers and eating them]]. From the point of view of Uuplechan, they're basically in an Alien style horror movie.