* The scene where the boys discover that... ''thing'' is terrifying, both for the fact that [[NothingIsScarier we never find out what the hell it was]] and that the whole scene is disturbingly reminiscent of ''WebVideo/MarbleHornets'', right down to the audio and visual distortion. That thing looks like a [[Literature/TheBraidedPath Witchstone]]: if it '''is''' [[EldritchAbomination like a Witchstone]], then [[spoiler: Matt is screwed]].
** What it does to them is worse. Matt is flung against a wall while Steve suffers a nosebleed and screams in pain.
* The death of [[spoiler: Richard Detmer]] in the original script. He basically [[spoiler: gets his arms and legs telekinetically ripped off by his own son]]. ''Yikes''. Similarly, Andrew [[spoiler: ripping the spider apart with his powers.]]
* The way Richard actively beats his son is brutally realistic, especially since it outright ''causes'' Andrew to go off the deep end.
* Steve's death while sad is also horrifying considering that he was struck by lightning (probably due to Andrew who he wanted to help) before falling to the ground. All you can see is lightning and all you can hear is Steve screaming before the camera cuts out.
* The time Andrew ''forcibly removes'' a bully's teeth with telekinesis. Made worse when he ''records himself explaining how he removed them''.
* The time Andrew killed those four neighborhood thugs. It's a lot more mundane than the other scenes, but his callous rummaging of their corpses is hard to look at.
* Andrew's "Apex Predator" speech:
--> '''Andrew:''' I've been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there's this thing, right? It's called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we're considered the apex predator, but only because smaller animals can't feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do ''not'' feel guilty when you squash a fly... and I think that means something. I just think that really means something... *holds his hand out and starts telekenetically crushing the car behind him*
* Andrew, a skinny young socially-ostracised Caucasian male, suddenly gains access to the ability to easily maim and kill his tormentors. The parallels to a school shooter are impossible to miss.
* From his StartOfDarkness onward, Andrew is pretty intimidating, but he really reaches the peak of terror at the climax, seeing as he's an ungodly powerful psychic who [[PersonOfMassDestruction can and will level a metropolis,]] [[UnstoppableRage and comes damn close to doing so.]]
* After the CreativeClosingCredits end, all you hear is the quiet buzzing noise the Object made when the boys first come in contact with it and it's extremely unsettling.