* Dear God; ''Thumper''. For some added FridgeHorror, consider the fact that he belongs to the same species as the anthropomorphized, English-speaking grasshoppers. Does he represent a vicious attack dog...or an extremely mentally deranged and violent person? He is more or less the grasshopper version of ''Film/DannyTheDog''. [[RuleOfFunny In the outtakes]], [[spoiler:[[NightmareRetardant he asks if his scream was good enough. In the wimpiest, most non-threatening voice you can imagine.]] Evidently a case of MeanCharacterNiceActor.]]
* The movie does a pretty good job of making a cute little goldfinch and its chicks absolutely terrifying. [[spoiler: While a mother bird feeding her children obviously isn't scary, Hopper's FamilyUnfriendlyDeath shows how horrifying it would be if you were a bug.]]
** The sound the bird makes; they did a convincing job of depicting what birdsong must sound like from a bug's perspective, because the noises she makes would be right at home in ''Film/JurassicPark''. Dinosaurs are still among us, pal.
** Even more terrifying is the ''speed'' in which the goldfinch [[spoiler: snaps up Hopper to feed him to her chicks.]] It's one hundred percent clear that, from the moment that the goldfinch saw [[spoiler: him,]] there was no escape.
* Hopper in his first appearance, and some appearances afterwards. Especially the scene where he kills a few of his henchmen with a bored look on his face.
* The bar at the insect city has both human blood and Black Flag (an insecticide) on tap.
* Flik's NoHoldsBarredBeatdown at the hands of Thumper all while some suspenseful music plays.
* Hopper when he's attempting to strangle Flik: "I'll get more grasshoppers and be back ''next season''. But '''you won't!!!'''"
* Hopper menacingly approaching Flik, fire burning in the background, with the greatest murder-face on a family movie villain.
* The theme park attraction based on the movie at the Ride/DisneyThemeParks, It's Tough To Be A Bug.
* Grasshoppers trudging out of the mist with no music, only the howling wind.
* This movie manages to make a rainstorm pretty terrifying. After all, normal raindrops hit the ground like watery napalm.
* The entire sequence at the end of the movie, beginning with the rain. What is a normal and perfectly harmless occurrence for we humans is amplified into a nightmarish and regular disaster for all bug kind. Amidst the chaos, Hopper still manages to spot Flik, and with a furious roar, lunges at him (see above image), and snatches him and flies off. Flik's friends from the circus ''try'' to come to the rescue, but their rescue attempts are all foiled. (Admittedly, the incident where Hopper lost one of his antennae is pretty funny.) Not even Princess Atta can keep Hopper away for too long, and his final death, albeit very [[KarmicDeath karmic]], in and of itself was '''very''' unsettling.
* "They come. They eat. They leave." This line could be a tagline for a horror film.