[[caption-width-right:329:Even the ''bags under his eyes'' have bags!]]
Let's face it. ''WesternAnimation/SpongeBobSquarePants'' has ''[[GrossOutShow a lot]]'' of disgusting scenes. Many of these scenes particularly happen in the episodes [[SeasonalRot after the movie,]] though they're by no means limited to them.
* "Fear of a Krabby Patty" [[EstablishingSeriesMoment (the very first post-movie episode, as a matter of fact)]] has a scene in which Squidward tells Mr. Krabs he has to go home because he's SO tired, the bags under his eyes have bags under the bags. Cue a GrossUpCloseUp with a woman shrieking rather appropriately in the background.
* "SB-129": Squidward ends up in prehistoric Bikini Bottom and comes across Spongegar and Patar. Patar greets Squidward with a GrossUpCloseUp of his mangy grin, bearing teeth and gums and exuding halitosis.
* "The Splinter": [=SpongeBob=] gets a splinter at work. Rather than making the best of this sure-to-be-disgusting plot and having him try to get it out in a silly fashion, we're treated to 11 minutes of it getting infected, swelling, and oozing pus all over the place until Krabs walks up and pulls it out, thus causing gallons and gallons of puke green pus to shoot out and cover everyone.
* In "Plankton's Regular", [=SpongeBob=] (via getting pushed under a door) and Plankton (via force-pulling) both are ''peeled'', quite disgustingly.
* In "House Fancy", Squidward '''loses a toenail''' in the grossest way he can. Squidward gets the leg of a couch on his toe, and it's ripped off by [=SpongeBob=] pulling the couch away too soon. It had blood and veins still attached, even. To make it all worse, ''Squidward slips on the bloody nail''. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yojDSv25aak Here it is]], [[ShmuckBait for those who want to see it.]]
* "To Love a Patty", [=SpongeBob=] falls in love with a Krabby Patty, keeps it around until it's moldy, fungus-covered and ''maggoty'', then ''eats it''. It had maggots, worms, blue and black mold, highly detailed rotten meat, and an assortment of other disgusting things that you could imagine [[GrossUpCloseUp painted with incredibly unnecessary detail]]. [[http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/190/1188867804_4.jpg See for yourself]] A similar plot had Krabs not wanting to dump a moldy patty so he can make money off of it. Apparently hospital visits cost less than a patty.
** [[http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp5/rawwrMitchMAYHEM/nastypatty.jpg "I call it, the nasty patty!"]]
* "Pets or Pests". [=SpongeBob=] adopts a worm and it has babies, which he then tries to get other people to adopt. Normally worms are fine in the series, but for this episode? They purposely made them incredibly disgusting.
* An episode featured Patrick tearing the entire front half of his skin off, revealing his bones and organs underneath, after a misunderstanding; [=SpongeBob=] [[LampshadeHanging looks suitably grossed out]]. It's kind of tame compared to most of the examples in this list (and ''definitely'' tame compared to "The Splinter"), but it could still cause instant gag reflexes in some.
* "[=SquidBob=] Tentaclepants": [=SpongeBob=] and Squidward were accidentally fused together. Most of it wasn't so bad, but at the very end, when they were finally separated and Squidward wanted to be fused together again for personal gains, he accidentally caused not just [=SpongeBob=] but several other characters ''to be [[BodyHorror fused together as one huge fleshy blob]]''.
-->'''Squidward:''' It all started...when I was born.
** This scene was actually cut out in some countries, leaving the episode with NoEnding.
* "The Donut of Shame". Patrick gets a donut he believes is [=SpongeBob=]'s but keeps wondering if he should eat it or not. So throughout the episode, he does a lot of things including placing it in a couch, a toaster, a toilet, and his own butt (seriously). Then twice he eats it and pukes it back up. At the end of the episode, [=SpongeBob=] ''eats it''. [[LampshadeHanging If you look closely, you can see [=SpongeBob=]'s look of horror as he "savors" the donut.]]
* [=SpongeBob=] as ''a fetus'' eating a Krabby Patty through his ''umbilical cord in his mom's womb in "Truth or Square". The notion isn't particularly bad... it's the presentation. The Krabby Patty travels through the umbilical cord, and it's pretty straight-forward, until [=SpongeBob=] rips the umbilical cord out of his abdomen and puts it in his mouth to suck it like a straw.
* "Pineapple Fever" has Squidward rip his own eyebrow (WITH the skin) off after [=SpongeBob=] makes a loud noise.
* "Greasy Buffons": Krabs and Plankton compete by selling more greasy items (including "soup" which is just grease on a plate).
* [=SpongeBob=] [[EyeScream steps directly into the eyes of the Tattletale Strangler, embedding his feet up to the ankles, while also wearing cleated shoes]].
** Not to mention that his feet are stuck in the guy's corneas! Of course, it's all PlayedForLaughs as he has band-aids on his eyes after he gets them out.
* The episode where Plankton hides out in a machine designed to look like a milkshake, and is then drank by a fish. Guess how he gets out.
* "Accidents Will Happen" had Squidward giving Mr. Krabs a massage [[spoiler: [[LaserGuidedKarma as revenge for lying about how he got injured,]]]] and lowers his shirt to find it full of barnacles with insects crawling over it. Which is payback for Squidward making Krabs do the same thing, despite there being customers trying to eat still in the store.
* Patrick eating a rancid piece of Krabby Patty ''that was in his belly button''.
* "For Here or to Go" has Plankton winning a Krabby Patty after a seed counting contest. Most of it wasn't so bad until the end. He has to eat it and digest in the restaurant, and then he goes to the Chum Bucket for Karen to ''use a sawblade to get it out of his system''. The worst part? ''[[AndIMustScream No anaesthetics]]''. At least it was offscreen.
** After that, Karen "jokingly" puts Plankton's body fluids in his Krabby Patties. We even get a GrossUpCloseUp of the bag it's in!
* The scene of Spongebob cutting the huge zit off of his nose with a large pair of scissors in season 3's "Krusty Krab Training Video."
* In "Eek, an Urchin!", the urchin lands in the Krusty Krab dining area. The customers, completely oblivious to the urchin, proceed to choke on and ''eat'' it.
* "Shell Shocked" brings us a GrossUpCloseUp of [=SpongeBob=]'s gruesomely hurt face after he whacks it with [[ItMakesSenseInContext a tennis racket]].
** And Gary's vein exposed pulsating skin after his shell is broken.
* ''All'' of the "funny" faces in "Face Freeze!".
* In "Giant Squidward", Squidward is forced to have a bunch of boy scouts sleep under his toenails. It's pretty tame compared to most of the examples of this page, but it's still pretty gross in context.
* The entirety of "The Gift of Gum". Basically, Patrick gives [=SpongeBob=] '''''a gigantic ball of used gum.''''' Hell, it's even as ''disgusting'' as you would '''think!'''
--> ''"[[NightmareFuel YOU'RE... NOT... PATRICK...!!]]"''
* Brain Gary from "The Inside Job".
** ...which is [[LampshadeHanging lampshaded]] by Plankton immediately afterwards.
-->'''Plankton''': That's disgusting!
* In "Suction Cup Symphony", Patrick breaks his bones in his butt and it causes them to be visible outside. So he pushes them back inside, and briefly you can ''see the bones inside his mouth''.
* In "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV", the shrunken residents of Bikini Bottom enter Spongebob's body, via his pores, and continue to attack his innards, most notably, Squidward [[UpToEleven taking a saw to a vein]].
* In "Plankton's Pet", a fish picks up a piece of gum from his shoe and then '''eats it'''. Apparently, [[WhatAnIdiot that guy is oblivious]] to the fact that there could be over ''a million'' germs [[TooDumbToLive that could make him sick]] on that piece of gum.
** A similar gag was used in "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful".
* In "Squid Baby", where Spongebob had to change Squidward's dirty diaper. We even get [[GrossUpCloseUp close-ups of the dirty diaper]]. Soon after Squidward bumps his head in the ice machine he is back to normal. He discovers he is wearing a dirty diaper (even a "fart" is heard when he opens up the diaper). It's just disturbing.
* In "Little Yellow Book", Patrick is in a dumpster when he finds a ketchup packet and says that it'll go great with ''an old diaper''. This actually caused ''WebVideo/TheMysteriousMrEnter'' to [[VomitDiscretionShot puke]] during his review on the episode.
* People who have trypophobia (fear of tiny holes) are advised to NOT look at the titular monster in "The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom". You will be thankful you hadn't.
* One of the scenes in "Mermaidman and Barnacleboy VI: The Motion Picture" shows Spongebob talking to Mermaidman and Barnacleboy about the movie, featuring "actors" (notice emphasis on the word "actors"). Whenever said actors are referenced, a GrossUpCloseUp appears. [[http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130716135546/spongebob/images/3/37/Mermaid_Man_%26_Barnacle_Boy_VI_The_Motion_Picture_037.png See for yourself.]]
* "Squidward in Clarinetland" features a scene in which Mr. Krabs breaks out in hives all over his body, on screen, without a discretion shot or anything. Later in the episode, all the flesh on [=SpongeBob=]'s arm gets eaten off, leaving only his bones.
* Almost of season 6 will have this trope in play especially when there's veins and skin getting ripped and random grossout gags like The Splinter.
* In "Rodeo Daze", Patrick eats an old piece of Krabby Patty meat.
* Spengbab from Whobob Whatpants.
* "It's just a normal Krabby...''OH MY GOODNESS!! SQUIDWARD!!!''"
* While not [[UncannyValley highly detailed]] like many Post-Movie examples, the sea-monster vomiting up everything after [=SpongeBob=] and Squidward run around his throat in "The Sewers Of Bikini Bottom" certainly qualifies.
* TheReveal that [[spoiler: the sponge [=SpongeBob=] was cleaning the grill with was part of his tongue]] in "The Main Drain".
* In "Choir Boys", after Squidward rides into a pothole [=SpongeBob=] made and lands into Jellyfish Fields, he gets repeatedly stung by jellyfish. The next scene, we see his body in pimples, his arm in particular almost completely covered in pimples, complete with a pulsating vein on the pimples.
* In "The Fish Bowl", when Sandy asks if [=SpongeBob=] and Patrick are able to go to the beach and fill buckets with sand, [=SpongeBob=] says it'll be "easy-sneezy", which results in Patrick sneezing on [=SpongeBob=]. After he does this, we see his ''brain hanging out of his nose''.
* "Married to Money" reveals that Pearl's shoes are actually ''barnacles'', and we see a rather grotesque-looking shot of them.
* In "Bunny Hunt", when SpongeBob looks for vegetables in order to feed the sea bunny, he can't find any, so he decides to give the sea bunny some of Gary's food. Cut to a GrossUpCloseUp of the food, featuring a ''human finger, ear and stomach'' within the also disgusting-looking food.
* The [[WesternAnimation/TheSpongeBobSquarePantsMovie first movie]] has an excellent example of this, when [=SpongeBob=] and Patrick are down in the trench, in which they suddenly see an old lady at an ice-cream stand, in the middle of nowhere. [[IdiotHero Of course]], they don't question this, and immediately go over there to have some ice cream, only for it to turn out that [[spoiler:the ice cream ''and'' its vendor are actually part of the tongue of a gigantic anglerfish. Yes, the "ice cream" is physically attached to the "woman's" arm]]. It gets even worse when, after [=SpongeBob=] and Patrick freak out over this and run for their lives, the old lady [[BlatantLies continues to keep up with the act]], saying that they can pet her kitten while eating, and sure enough [[spoiler:the anglerfish turns out to have a second, smaller tongue, shaped like a cat at the end, which is covered in saliva]]. Of course [[MakesSenseInContext the whole scene is a parody of how real-life anglerfish lure in their prey]], but it's so gross and [[UncannyValley disturbing]].