Poe (real name Annie Decatur Danielewski, 1967-) is an American singer-songwriter. She has released two albums to date, ''Hello'' (1995) and ''Haunted'' (2000).
''Hello'' featured the modern rock radio hits "Angry Johnny", "Trigger Happy Jack" and "Hello". ''Haunted'' is by far the more notable of the two, despite being less successful commercially. The album is both a tribute to her late father[[note]]Tad Danielewski, best known for his film adaptation of ''Theatre/NoExit''[[/note]] and a companion piece to her brother [[Creator/MarkZDanielewski Mark]]'s novel ''Literature/HouseOfLeaves''. ''Haunted'''s most successful single, "Hey Pretty", features Mark reading sections from ''House of Leaves'' in place of verses.
!!Tropes associated with Poe include:
* AllWomenArePrudes: The song "Not a Virgin" goes against this and slut shaming.
* ConceptAlbum: ''Haunted''.
* FadingIntoTheNextSong: More often than not in ''Haunted''.
* GriefSong: If You Were Here.
* RearrangeTheSong: When the title track of ''Hello'' was released as a single, it was a completely different arrangement that basically changed the genre of the song from trip-hop to AlternativeRock - this was officially known as "Hello (Band Version)", and was also the way she tended to play the song live.
** Then there's the already-mentioned single version of "Hey Pretty": At the time, alternative rock radio was playing few female acts, so when the song was being promoted for radio play, it was found that many stations liked the song, but were reluctant to add it to rotation. In response, she came up with the idea of having Creator/MarkZDanielewski perform spoken word over the verse sections because, technically, it would then have fewer female vocals. Since his novel ''House of Leaves'' was a best-seller at the time, his appearence drove interest in the song and gave Poe her fourth and last entry on the ''Billboard'' Alternative chart.