Music: Ghost Lights
An A Cappella group made up of students from Washington University in St. Louis. Created in 2010 by Cary Simowitz and Stephanie Drahozal, they focus on music from soundtracks and scores of Broadway musicals, films, television, and video games.Their current repertoire includes:
- If I Didn't Have You from The Big Bang Theory
- Anything Goes from Anything Goes
- I See Fire from The Hobbit
- Live in Living Color from Catch Me If You Can
- Stars from Les MisÚrables
- No Good Deed from Wicked
- Agony from Into the Woods
- Dragonborn from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- So Much Better from Legally Blonde
- The Trolley Song from Meet Me in St. Louis
- A Cappella: You don't say?
- All Queer People Love Musical Theater: About half of the group identifies somewhere under the queer umbrella.
- Award Bait Song: Sang the textbook example, "My Heart Will Go On".
- Curse Cut Short: From Master of the House:Solo: My sons of who-Block: Lovely ladies
- Drone of Dread: The beginning of their cover of Rains of Castamere.
- The Cover Changes the Gender / Crosscast Role: Frequently occurs. Depending on who you ask, a Running Gag, group staple, or extreme coincidence.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Their soloists are generally encouraged towards hamming it up, so when duets occur this generally shows up. Notable examples include Master of the House and Agony.
- Large Ham: A Broadway-focused group that frequently hams it up and chews the scenery? Who would have guessed?
- Les Yay: the covers of Take Me Or Leave Me, Elephant Love Medley, and You Can't Stop the Beat, for starters.
- Medley: Past repertoire has included several of these, including a Children's Theme medley, Elephant Love Medley, and a Mamma Mia Medley.
- Musical Gag: A favorite of the group's arrangers.
- One of Us: This page was created and is maintained by two of their members.
- Rearrange the Song: By necessity, as few if any film scores, Broadway songs, or television themes are written for a four part chorus with no backup instruments. Plus, it's fun.
- The Mel Brooks Number: Managed to turn The Tiger Song into this.
- Theme Tune Extended: Their past repertoire has included these, most notably the full version of the theme from Friends.