is a one-shot manga by Ema Toyama
It made its debut in Chapter 9.5 of Ema Toyama's other work, Watashi ni XX Shinasai!
Wakana Nakatani loves plain boys — specifically, Kagano, an aloof, intelligent, but overall "plain boy" in her class. However, she never acts on her feelings, as plain boys typically reject her for "not being their type of girl," as Wakana has "flashy" blond hair.
But after accidently slipping out her feelings in front of Kagano, it looks like her bad luck with plain boys might be changing...
This trope provides examples of:
- Curtains Match the Window: Kagano.
- Did I Say That Out Loud?: While Kagano commented the scent of Wakana's muffler, Wakana accidently slips out the word, "love," leaving her horrified as she usually gets rejected by her plain boy crushes. Instead, Kagano takes it as a Love Confession and tells her he'll think about it.
- The Ditz/Dumb Blonde: Played with a bit with Wakana. She gets better.
- The Generic Guy: Wakana's type of guy. Wakana's friends attempt to makeover Wakana into a "plain girl" (with braids and glasses) to help her with Kagano, but it doesn't really make too much of a difference. But when Kagano finds out Wakana likes him just because he's "plain," he's not so pleased. Wakana, realizing the error in her ways, makes up for it, and they get better.
- Genki Girl: Wakana.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Did not like the meganekko girl crushing on Kagano.
- Irony: Wakana likes plain boys because they are plain. Plain boys usually don't like her because she's not their type.
- Megane: Kagano.
- Moe: Wakana.
- No Accounting for Taste: Wakana's friends just can't see why Wakana is interested in plain boys, and they aren't sure if Wakana and Kagano are right for each other. And they are hilariously horrified when they discover Wakana had gone back to her original hair color instead of her "flashy" blond hair because of Kagano.
- Satellite Love Interest: Initially Wakana. The only reason she likes Kagano is because he's a "plain boy."
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Kagano.
- Zettai Ryouiki