''Hyouge Mono'' is one of the Spring 2011 anime series. Based on the manga by Yoshihiro Yamada, In the age of civil war, when the shadow of Nobunaga Oda was still cast over the land, the warlord Furuta Sasuke lost his soul to the tea ceremony. While war shook the world around him, he faced his own conflict between his desire for promotion and his love for his art.
Animated by BeeTrain produced for [=NHK=] Network.
!!Tropes used by the series:
* BeenThereShapedHistory: [[spoiler:Master of Tea Ceremony Rikyuu]] is the one who convince Akechi Mitsuhide and [[spoiler:Toyotomi Hideyoshi]] [[TheStarscream to betray Nobunaga Oda]] and he is the one behind many important events in history.
* Cultural Warrior: Many military officers either have interest or skilled in court etiquette in general and tea ceremony in particular. This rather enrage Merchant Souji who states warriors only imitates what the merchants have done.
* TheDandy: Some of Oda Clan members and Toyotomi Hideyoshi always dress in latest style. The protagonist himself knows taste and do it if occasion and budget permits."
* EtTuBrute: Nobunaga at Honnoji was killed by his trusted man but doesn't mind at all.
* EveryoneHasStandards: [[spoiler:Hideyoshi]] cannot bring himself to betray another of his protector after his betrayal to Nobunaga despite how much it will benefit him.
* FaceDeathWithDignity: Oda Nobunaga offers the man who slashed his belly a cup of his spilled blood in place of "emergency tea ceremony" and states to the man he does not hold any grudges as their relationship is of "give and take".
* Gratuitous Portugal: Nobunaga peppers his speech with Portugal words.
* HumanityIsFlawed: People is shown as greedy, short-sighted, or hold many other vices but one can also find satisfaction, serenity, and chivalry with efforts.
* ImposssiblyCoolOutfit: [[http://www.mangatown.com/manga/hyougemono/v01/c007/12.html Oda Nagamasu here.]] The observer gave him scores [[UpToEleven 6 of 5]].
* TheLastDJ: How this series portray Mitsuhide as he is one of few who is steadfast, humble, and chivalric high noble in the changing time.
* ManipulativeBastard: [[spoiler:Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Master Rikyuu. Hideyoshi]] persuades Akechi Mtsuhide to rebel but abandon him as soon as rabellion starts. [[spoiler:Master Rikyuu]] is the one who convince the former to wrest power, basically TheManBehindTheMan Behind The Man.
* PretenderDiss: [[spoiler:Rikyuu chides Hideyoshi]] for not ruling the court and states he is just imitation of Oda Nobunaga unless he grows his power and vision more.
* SimpleYetAwesome: Oribe Furuta starts to learn Minimalism (or "Simplicity" in the setting) because how he can look classy with minimum budget.
* UpToEleven: In Chapter 7, observer gave Oda Nagamasu's [[ImposssiblyCoolOutfit attire]] scores 6 of 5.
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: As Oda Nobunaga nearly completes unification of Japan, threat of this tropes haunts many of his vassals. This trope what [[spoiler:Toyotomi Hideyoshi]] use to persuade Akechi Mtsuhide to rebel.
---> Takigawa Kizumasu (quoting Chinese Proverb): "When the rabbit dies, the hound is cooked."