- In an early episode of The Simpsons, Homer takes the whole family out on a Window Watching escapade in order to demonstrate to them that their family's personal interactions aren't normal.
- Rosario + Vampire
- Mizore, the resident stalker, can be occasionally be seen looking in on people through the window.
- Kokoa often shows up outside of a window, staring at her sister.
- Ginei likes to look at girls in their rooms by zooming in on them with his camera.
- Thirteen Reasons Why has one as well, and he gets his just desserts.
- The Tom Jones song "Delilah":
I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
- In the last few minutes of Serenity, River does this from the ceiling. To her brother, no less.
- Blue October's "The End". For a band whose music discusses depression, guilt and death regularly, it is by far their most unnerving song.
- Rear Window
- In an episode of Trigun, Vash tried to spy on a young woman while she was bathing by tying a rope around his waist and lowering himself from the roof. She wasn't in the room, however, and when Millie walked in a second later and saw Vash, he quickly claimed that he had been patrolling the roof for spooks.
- France from Axis Powers Hetalia once spied on Austria by peeping through his window. He might have gotten away with it if he hadn't butted in on an argument that Austria was having with Germany.
- In Wicked, Boq can see through the windows of one of the girls' dormitories from his room, but it's not close enough for him to get a good look. One night when his roommates are out, he climbs atop a nearby roof for a better view. He falls off when Elphaba goes into the garden and sees him.