Tropes common to MUCKs:
- Furry MUCK: The oldest recorded (and certainly oldest still active) MUCK.
- Furscape MUCK: Another old MUCK, with a hard sci-fi-based theme.
- Redwall MUCK: Active since 1997, though not as much as it was some years ago, a MUCK built around the Redwall universe.
- Southern Cross: A large, long standing MUCK drawing from the various Final Fantasy games, although primarily set a little over a thousand years after the end of Final Fantasy VII, the aftermath having led to a kind of light-post-apocalyptic fantasy world. Presently in its fourth major incarnation, with each focusing on a different part (and in one case, period - one incarnation was set very shortly after the coming of HOLY) of the game's world. Predates, and by now diverges somewhat from, Squaresoft's post-FF7 canon, but still contains surprisingly prescient similarities here and there.
- Now defunct due to funding issues and creation of SC: Heroes of Space
- Southern Cross: Heroes of Space: Southern Cross' 'successor'. Based on a combination of pulp-sci-fi influences and very, very loose roots in the original Southern Cross' Final Fantasy premise, SC: Heroes of Space is an experimental MUCK with significantly less emphasis on in-depth lore (and to a certain extent, roleplay) than its predecessors. The idea is to create a light roleplay environment with a particular focus on epic space adventures, tied into a highly automated browser-game type web page.
<<|Video Game Genres|>>