- A Day in the Limelight: For Mrs. Tittlemouse, who had a key role in "The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies."
- Foil: Lazy slob Mr. Jackson for industrious neatnik Mrs. Tittlemouse.
- Neat Freak: Mrs. Tittlemouse.
- Sacred Hospitality: Mrs. Tittlemouse seems to believe in it, given how polite (and ineffectual) she is when trying to get uninvited guests to go away. By the end of the story, however, she puts her foot down.
- Spiders Are Scary: Averted — in this story, the spider is just a mild nuisance, albeit a polite one.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Mr. Jackson, the toad. Eventually Mrs. Tittlemouse gets so fed up with him that she makes her doorway too small for him to get in.
Literature / The Tale of Mrs Tittlemouse
The Tale of Mrs Tittlemouse is a children's book by Beatrix Potter.Mrs. Tittlemouse likes to keep a clean house. However she finds this task a difficult one when so many of her messy neighbors keep wandering into her home uninvited.