Literature / The Compound
A 2008 novel, and first full book from author S.A. Bodeen.
Eli Yanakakis, son of ungodly rich mogul Rex Yanakakis, had pretty much anything a kid could want. An awesome twin brother, a life of luxury, trips to faraway destinations. The dream life. All of it comes to end one fateful night, when his father ushers him, his sisters, and mother into an underground compound. Nuclear War.
The end of society has befallen the world. And to his horror, Eli realizes his brother, Eddy, and his grandma didn't make it in with them. With no other choice, the Yanakakis clan adjusts to life in The Compound. For six long years. But the monotonous routine is about to be turned on its head, and secrets no one saw coming are going to come to light...
Tropes featured in this book:
- I Am A Humanitarian: The real purpose of The Supplements, should the Compounds food situation come to it.
- Hates Being Touched: Eli really doesn't like people touching him.
- The Unfavorite: Even Eli knows people liked Eddy more than him.
- Would Hit a Girl: Eli and Lexie get into fights sometimes, and Eli throws pillows at Terese after she brought Quinn, one of the Supplements into his room.
- Would Hurt a Child: Eli wants to drop Quinn the first time he holds him.