An alternate history work
. In short Joe Biden
beats incumbent Vice-President George H.W. Bush
in the 1988 election. We oversee the beginnings of the Yugoslav War, Biden's bad health, and other things of note. Recently ended and picked up with the sequel The Biden Express: Derailed
following Biden's retirement, the Presidency of Dick Thornburgh and, eventually, Biden's second term
This work provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Don't ever use Biden's family to score political points. Vice-President Bush found that out the hard way.
- Handicapped Badass: Biden's precarious health arguably turns him into one.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: We get the survival of the Superconducting Super Collider, partially out the work of the Secretary of Energy George W. Bush who spoke out for it before any budget cuts were made. In this timeline it's where the Higgs Boson is discovered.
- Fake-Out Opening: The sequel "The Biden Express: Derailed" has a particularly mean one: We have Joe and Jill watching TV at home on September 11th, witnessing in shock and awe the Russian moon landing.
- Joe Biden: He's kinda the star y'know?
- Killed Off for Real: Vice President Rudy Perpich, Al Franken, Richard Cheney, Boris Yeltsen, Slobodan Milosevic
- Richard Nixon the Used Car Salesman: George W. Bush, Secretary of Energy to the Richard Thornburgh administration
- Wham Episode: Two of them, Vice-President Rudy Perpich dies in Sarajevo, and Biden has an aneurysm before Congress votes to instate Pell
- What Could Have Been: A meta example, we get the occasional in-univesre Alternate History.Com members asking what if questions.