Literature: Let It Snow
Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances, as it is officially named, is a collection of three short teen romance stories by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle. These stories are all set in Gracetown from the 24th to 26th of December, where they just happen to be having the worst snowstorm in fifty years.Johnson's first third, "The Jubilee Express", is narrated by Jubilee, a girl whose parents have just been imprisoned for being involved in a riot over Christmas decorations whom subsequently gets stuck in Gracetown on the way to her Grandparents."A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle", by John Green, stars Tobin and his best friends JP and the Duke on Christmas Eve. They are called and informed of a bunch of cheerleaders awaiting them at the Waffle House, and thus their Christmas adventure begins.Finally, Lauren Myracle's "Patron Saint of Pigs" follows Addie, a recently dumped Starbucks employee on the day after Christmas. She sets out to collect her friend's teacup piglet to prove she isn't self-absorbed.
Contains examples of:
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Skimmed over in The Jubilee Express and addressed in A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle.
- Collector of the Strange: Jubilee's parents are obsessive collectors of pieces of a holiday town - this ends up 'getting them arrested.'
- Fate Drives Us Together: Snowstorm making it hard to get anywhere? Check.
- Holding Hands: Teen romance, people, what were you expecting?
- It's All About Me: Addie, initially.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Duke. Although her real name is given as Angie.
- Porn Names: Jubilee's main objection to her name is that it sounds precisely like a stripper name.
- Red String of Fate: Related to the Fate Drives Us Together above.
- Shout-Out: Green's story is basically one big shout out to Waffle House.
- Snow Means Love: The concept of the book, really.