- Affectionate Parody: Of the rhyming, saccharine books normally read to small children at bedtime. This one assuredly cannot be read to a child at bedtime or any other time, unless you buy the aforementioned Bowdlerised version.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Gag Censor: On the book's cover, the central word in the title is obscured by the Moon.
- Here We Go Again / Shaggy Dog Story: The parents succeed in putting their child in bed after much effort, but the beep of their microwave instantly undoes it.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Seldom Seen Species: One page mentions and has illustrations of pangolins.
- Subverted Kids Book: What with the swearing and all.