The ''Cam Jansen'' series is a long-running series of children's mysteries, written by David A. Adler, starting in 1980.
Cam Jansen is a girl with a perfect photographic memory, which she uses to solve crimes, with the help of her friend Eric Shelton.
The books are aimed at kids around the ages of 7-9, despite Cam and Eric being in fifth grade.
There are over thirty books in the main series. There is also a ''Young Cam Jansen'' series which adds about 15 more.
!These books contains examples of:
* AsYouKnow: Once a book, the reader is reminded that "Cam" is a nickname, that it's short for "Camera", came about because of her memory and that her real name is Jennifer.
* BabyTalk: One story involving thieves at the mall had a short subplot where Eric is able to translate a little boy's statement that his mother was shopping for "dirt" as meaning she's buying a shirt; he claims that his sisters did the same thing as toddlers.
* ChekovsGun: At least once a book, some detail that is explicitly pointed out will become key to the mystery.
* EurekaMoment: Cam has at least one a book.
* ForgetfulJones: Cam's aunt.
* HeterosexualLifePartners: Cam and Eric are best friends and at no point is there even a hint of ShipTease between them.
* IdenticalTwinIDTag: Eric's little sisters differentiate by one of them wearing her hair in braids.
* KidDetective: Cam and Eric both try to solve crimes wherever they go.
* NotAllowedToGrowUp: Cam and Eric's ages never change despite having at least 2 books mentioning new teachers, implying a new school year starting.
* [[NiceGuy Nice Kids]]: Cam and Eric are both generally sweet and polite kids.
* OnlyKnownByTheirNickname: Eric and most everyone else calls her Cam (short for "Camera"), except for her parents and an aunt (who call her by her real name, Jennifer).
* PhotographicMemory: Cam's ability, which helps her solve the crimes.
* [[TheAllegedCar The Alleged Bike]]: Cam's bike in "Dinosaur Bones" is a piece of garbage that has a kickstand that randomly drops on her and can't be put back in place for riding without outside assistance. She presumably gets a new one after that adventure because it's never a problem again.
* TwinSwitch: An artificially created one in "Television Dog" drives the plot and Cam and Eric pull one off with Eric's sisters to distract the story's crook.
* UndyingLoyalty: Eric always has complete faith in Cam and her abilities.