The most professional and not completely fucking asinine youtube channel ever made
“I’m MC Prophet, this asshole’s Modestly Narcissistic, we’re here to disappoint you again”
— MC Prophet Spyro 2 Ripto’s Rage, “Part 1”
is the joint effort of Mark (Emcee Proph It
) and Corey (Modestly Narcissistic) and their misadventures in gaming. Unlike other Let's Players, Modestly Proph Itic
has a heavy emphisis on analyzing the aspects of the game, from symbolism to the mechanics to the art direction.
Games they are playing:
Still under construction
Tropes this series has:
- Anti-Humor: Mark’s puns.
- They Really Do Love Each Other
- Departmentof Redundancy Department:
- In Super Metroid episode 3:
Mark: This is like the most, like, otherworldly of the otherworldly areas in this otherworld that is otherworldly in general.
- And again in Spyro 2, episode 8:
Mark: One might say Crush has been crushed.
Corey: Under his own crushy-ness.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Spyro2 after learning that Ripto smashed a bridge.
Mark: This game teaches puzzle solving! Did that motherfucker smash your bridge? Well smash something of his, like his legs.
Corey: This motherfucker smashed Timmy’s bridge, Timmy had four pieces of his bridge, but now he only has three.
Mark: What should Timmy do? (pause) Break the motherfucker’s legs! Kill the motherfucker’s family.
Corey: Skin him alive.
- Cuteness Proximity: Mark is easily distracted by cute things, especially his own dogs.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: To the point where they worry that people will think that they really are together.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Countless, but Mark’s tend to be the most egregious.
- In episode 7 of their Spyro 2 play through Corey is trying and failing to make Spyro land in an opened chest, much to his dismay, to which Mark responds;
Mark: Well, you know what Corey, you know why you can’t get in the box? ‘Cause you just spent those puzzles proving that you can think… outside of the box.
Get the fuck
out of my house.
- It Makes Sense in Context: Episode 9 of DK Country Returns:
Mark: You have to spank the blow hole specifically.
- Non-Indicative Name: For Corey, at least. He may go by “Modestly Narcissistic” but he is pretty self-deprecating.
- Noodle Incident: What did happen to Mark’s door exactly?
- Running Gag: Corey's Negligence.
- Also, Mark having a traumatic experience regarding doors. See noodle incident above.
- Samus Is a Girl: Discussed in the second episode of there Super Metroid Let’s Play.
- Smash Cut: In episode 8 of their Spyro 2 play through there is a sudden cut to a boss battle. The pair seem just as confused by it as the audience is.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: They take turns being the two roles depending on the subject at hand.
- Too Dumb to Live: Corey is so bad at DK Country Returns that Mark stocks up on lives (99 to be exact), Corey uses almost half of them up over the course of the play session.
Corey: The term ‘reckless abandon’ comes to mind.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Corey and Mark have been friends for years before the channel even started and they can’t even make it five minutes in to an episode without insulting one another.
- Joisey Accent: Both tend to break out in to a bit of an exaggerated one from time to time, especially when criticizing something that is going on in the game. And yes, they are both New Jersey residents.