- Dress the part. Most of the time, looking like a person in authority is as easy as putting on a sharp looking suit and tie. On rare occasions you may need to acquire a specific uniform and possibly an ID badge, though.
- Carry yourself like someone in authority. No one will believe you're a big shot unless you walk the walk.
- Have PDA, iPad, or Clipboard in hand and act like you're gathering important data.
- Act impatient and overly officious. People have been carefully conditioned all their lives to assume that such a person is in charge.
- Learn to spot easy marks, watch out for anyone who might not be so gullible.
- Journalists are terrifying to anyone at a desk job. Exponentially more so when they're working for corporations, governments, or criminal fronts. Posing as a journalist will get you far.
Just For Fun / How to Pull Off a Bavarian Fire Drill
Got a task that needs to get done, but have run into a Bureaucratic Barrier? Consider pulling a Bavarian Fire Drill! To do it just: