* The entirety of the opening narration:
--> '''Spirit:''' The story that I want to tell you, cannot be found in a book. They say the history of the West was written from the saddle of a horse... but it's never been told from the ''heart'' of one. Not till now. I was born here, in this place that would come to be called 'The Old West'. But to my kind, the land was ageless. It had no beginning, and no end. No boundary between earth and sky. Like the wind in the Buffalo grass, we belonged here... we would always belong here. They say the mustang is the Spirit of the West. Whether that West was won or lost in the end, you'll have to decide for yourself. But the story I want to tell you is true. I was there. And I remember... I remember the sun and the sky, and the wind calling my name, in a time when wild horses ran ''free.''
** Without even watching the film, try and read the quote while listening to the accompanying soundtrack [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqWLHqMCx08 "Homeland"]] without getting chills. Not an easy task.
* If the whole "Horsey" scene with the little Lakota toddler and Spirit doesn't make you go "d'awwww", you obviously sold your soul for a bag of peanuts.
* Only a small moment, but a telling one nonetheless. Just before Spirit's loaded onto the train and 'Sound the Bugle' starts up, one of train workers pets him kindly and speaks calmly to him, saying that it'll be alright. It's good to see there are 'two-leggeds' that treat horses with genuine compassion, and who ''aren't'' Lakota.
* The other Lakota horses, who are obviously scared, pushing their fear aside to trying cheer Spirit up after they were captured, him joining them after the short dream sequence, and he calming them when they're led off the train. After his initial hostility toward everything related to the two-legged, this is beautiful to see.
* Spirit [[spoiler:finally letting Little Creek ride him. It doubles as a CrowningMomentOfAwesome as he allows him in order for them to escape the Colonel's army together.]]
* Spirit [[spoiler:reuniting with Esperanza at the end,]] to fitting music.
-->''Now I know it's true''
-->''My every road leads to you''
-->''And in the hour of darkness''
-->''Your light gets me through.''
** The understatedness of said reunion. It's like she always knew he'd be back.
* Spirit's reunion with Rain after [[spoiler:he'd thought she'd been killed]]. Just... ''d'aaaaawwwwwww!!!''