Heartwarming: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Disney film
- Just before the movie proper begins:
My sincere appreciation to the members of my staff whose loyalty and creative endeavor made possible this production.
— Walt Disney
- Snow White's innocence, kindness, and purity is very heartwarming. She doesn't say an unkind word to anyone, asks that the Dwarfs be blessed for being so kind to her, and cleans house and cooks for them simply because it's the polite thing to do. And her friendship with the animals pays off when they lead the Dwarfs to rescue her.
- An unsung lesson the film teaches is tolerance. The movie was made in the 1930s and set even earlier, but not once is Snow White prejudiced or frightened of the Dwarfs. She treats them as men and equals, and asks that they be blessed for being kind to her in return.
- If you listen to the lyrics of "One Song", they're really sweet and romantic.
- One song, my heart keeps singingOf one love, only for you
- "Some day, my prince will come, Some day, we'll meet again." And by golly, he did.
- The part where Snow White helps the little blue bird.
- And the reveal that all the frightening eyes a crying Snow White saw in the forest? Harmless woodland animals, who come out to greet her when she is at despairs door.
- The fact that, of all the dwarfs, it's Grumpy that leads the charge to avenge Snow White against the Queen.
- Grumpy turns out to be very affectionate with Snow White, and it's beautiful.
- The huntsman deserves a heartwarming moment. He's put in a position where he must either kill Snow White or face execution. He makes sure that her back is turned because he doesn't want to look her in the eyes. To top it off, when she catches him trying, the second he looks at her scared face, he drops the knife and begins sobbing, begging for her forgiveness, warns her that the Queen is out to get her, and tells her to run for it.
- The scene when Snow White and the dwarfs are sleeping, and a fly lands on one of the dwarfs and sleeps with them with a buzzing snore. It's so cute, it may be coupled with a Funny Moment.
- Snow White is seen making a pie for Grumpy right before the Queen shows up.
- The Prince kissing Snow White to awaken her.
- After the Prince kisses Snow White, he kneels by her coffin and lowers his head in despair. He had no idea his kiss would wake her up.
- The morning after she moves in, Show White tells each of the dwarves good-bye as they leave for work, who all warn her to be careful, and she promises she'll be fine. Grumpy, who has acted nothing but annoyed and made it clear that he hates having her around since he first met her, is last.
Grumpy: Now I'm warning ya'... don't let nobody or nuthin' in the house!Snow White: (smiling) Why, Grumpy... you do care...