* [[http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/tech/california-hospital-pizza-delivery/?hpt=us_c2 Reddit delivered a bunch of pizzas for a cancer patient when she taped a video requesting pizza]]. And when we mean deliver pizza, [[UpToEleven they were flooded with pizzas to the point where the hospital had to request for no more pizzas to be delivered]].
* [[http://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch /r/SuicideWatch]], a subreddit devoted to helping Reddit users with suicidal feelings.
* [[http://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/1eem1j/how_does_it_feel_wil_wheaton/ca03org?context=3 After a woman posted a small comment]] on how her photo-op with WilWheaton left her disappointed, Wil himself replied and asked if he could make amends.
* When a redditor on [[http://www.reddit.com/r/frozen r/Frozen]] was admitted to hospital for a weekend, the subreddit immediately began making pictures, gifs and videos [[UpToEleven and sang songs]] in her name.
* [[http://www.reddit.com/r/upliftingnews /r/upliftingnews]] is an entire subreddit dedicated to this.
* Creator/ArnoldSchwarzenegger is a regular poster on several physical fitness subreddits. When one poster came to /r/gainit talking about how he'd messed up at weight lifting and gotten laughed at, [[https://www.reddit.com/r/gainit/comments/2zfjmf/bad_day_at_the_gym_completely_demoralized/ Schwarzenegger encouraged him to not let that get him down.]]
* [[https://www.reddit.com/r/wholesomememes/ r/WholesomeMemes]] is a subreddit dedicated to positive, uplifting memes. After browsing there for a while you start to realise how cynical the internet can be. Basically, its the antithesis to. [[https://www.reddit.com/r/2meirl4meirl/ r/2meirl4meirl]]
* When it came time for Obama to step down as President of the United States, the previously defunct [[https://www.reddit.com/r/ThanksObama/ /r/ThanksObama]] subreddit was briefly reopened to allow users to express their non-ironic thanks for his service to the nation.
* Scott Cawthon, the creator of Franchise/FiveNightsAtFreddys donated 2,500$ to one of the moderators on well, r/fivenightsatfreddys when they and their family where having a finical crisis and were about to lose their house. The mods attempted to tell their members to not contact Scott about it, yet he went ahead and donated anyway. [[https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/594c2y/im_crying_right_now_thank_you_scott/ The reactions is what]] [[https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/596ihp/trying_to_make_words_say_what_words_cannot/ made it even sweeter.]]