* How does Riggs unwind after his first day with a new partner? He finds an underage prostitute and gives her $200 to watch Film/TheThreeStooges with him.
* Riggs' Christmas present for Roger at the end of the first film - [[spoiler: the bullet he was going to use to kill himself]]
[[folder:''Lethal Weapon 2'']]
* Riggs courting Rika, Dutch girl working for the South African consulate, was adorable as the two obviously liked each other.
[[folder:''Lethal Weapon 3'']]
* Riggs befriending an AngryGuardDog and placating him with the dog biscuits he was using to kick his nicotine addiction. The best part? He [[AdoptTheDog adopts the dog]] and still his him in ''4''.
** Riggs' dog Sam appears in all four films. Shetland Sheepdogs have a lifespan of 12-14 years, there's an 11 year gap between the first and last films, and he was already fully grown in the original. Riggs is ''great'' with dogs.
* Lorna deciding to let Riggs in on her investigation.
* Riggs talking Roger down from his HeroicBSOD by pointing out how important Roger is to him, going so far as to say the Murtaughs [[FamilyOfChoice are the only family he has]].
* Roger trying to teach his son how to shave after accidentally killing one his best friends. The film could have played up blaming him for the shooting: nooope, he blames his friend for getting involved in guns. So do the dead boy's family, who rather than be angry at Roger are angry at the gang their son was in.
** Doesn't stop Daryl's mother from slapping Roger.
* At the climax of ''3'', Travis is bearing down on Riggs in a construction vehicle. Murtaugh has a machine pistol loaded with cop killer bullets, a massive grudge with Travis, and a clear shot, but Riggs is in his line of fire. What does he do? [[spoiler:Toss the gun to Riggs so that he can finish Travis off without taking any injuries.]]
* The very end of ''3'', which is a BookEnd to the start of the original film. Murtaugh's family surprise him with a cake to celebrate his retirement whilst he's having a bath, but he tells them that he wants to stay on the force for a bit longer. They completely support his decision, even after all the times he's almost died since the original film.
** Then he pulls Trish into the tub after their children have left. Awwww.
[[folder:''Lethal Weapon 4'']]
* The first is when Riggs is [[spoiler:trapped under a chunk of concrete underwater, and Murtaugh is searching for him desperately. Murtaugh yells out for Riggs to will him towards his location, and he ''somehow'' knows to dive underwater to save him. For bonus points, this is the one time they agree to go on the count of 3 with no discussion.]]
** The second is Riggs' final visit to his wife's grave, saying that although he's ready to move on with his wife, he'll always have their wedding ring.
* Leo's poignant story about his pet frog Froggie. Also a bit of a TearJerker.
** A subtle moment: Riggs tries to apologise for him and Roger always picking on Leo. Leo's response is "it's ok, it's ok", but not said in his usual frenetic annoying matter, but very calmly and reflecting a greater amount of maturity.
* The closing credits not only show photos of the characters, but also the cast and crew from behind-the-scenes. The last photo is a large one with ''everyone''. And it literally comes to a close as the photo album closes.
* Riggs and Murtaugh's on-screen chemistry was ''so'' real, the actors couldn't help but become real life friends as a consequence.