- Kiba and Akamaru's conversation after Kimimaro curbstomps them in the preliminaries, and Kiba echoes Naruto's promise in the canon wave arc to redefine what it means to be a ninja.
- A rather sad and somewhat disturbing heartwarming moment: After singing the other 8 to sleep, Tsunade notices that Gaara is still awake, thanks to his seal. After talking it over a little, she knocks him unconscious.
- Itachi holding Sasuke after he was born. Especially considering that their father expected Itachi to hurt Sasuke if left alone with him.
- Hiashi covering Hinata and Hanabi and by extension, Hakumei's retreat.
- Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, Neji and Sai trying to comfort Gaara after Yashamaru tries to kill him. It's incredibly awkward and made very obvious that none of them know what to say to him. But it's so genuine that it ultimately works anyway.
- Naruto and Iruka's reunion.
- After fleeing Konoha a second time, Sakura and Naruto assure Sasuke that they aren't mad about him risking their escape and indirectly causing Hiashi's death because he hesitated when he faced his mother. In fact, they tell him that's makes him human.