- G.I. Joe # 97: Baroness has lost all the meaning to her life as a terrorist and leaves Cobra. Destro finds her packing and decides to leave with her, tossing his metal mask aside.
Baroness: You would give up wearing the Destro family mask? Turn your back on centuries of tradition? Abdicate your position as head of M.A.R.S.? You'd give all that up for me?
Destro: I would give up more than that...
- This is later shown to be a great character development for her, going from manipulating Billy into an assassination attempt on his father◊, Cobra Commander, to being a part of his life, with her and Destro welcoming him into their home.◊
- In the Sunbow cartoon series, there's an episode called "Let's Play Soldier." The plot concerns a group of Joes in Thailand, trying to stop Cobra from harvesting hypnotic tree sap as part of that episode's Take Over The World plot. The Joes are helped by a group of Amer-Asian 'dust children' who are treated like dirt by the locals due to their mixed ancestry. At the end of the episode, a local man takes the four children on as business partners in his hotel and while one of the Joes thinks the kids would be better off coming to America, another says that what they really need is a home with people who love them and that they've found that in Thailand so why should they leave?
- In the episode "The Gamesmaster", everyone has been led to believe Flint has been killed and Lady Jaye is in tears. Baroness puts a hand on her shoulder and offers comfort in her own way, along with a Rousing Speech.
Baroness: He was a good fighter, Lady Jaye, but think not of sorrow. Think of revenge. Revenge upon that accursed Gamesmaster!
- In "Grey Hairs and Growing Pains", Zarana and Mainframe reveal that their affair in "Computer Complications" wasn't a mere fling, as she risks her life to save him and his friends.
- G.I. Joe vs. The Transformers volume 3 has Scarlett and Snake Eyes captured by the Decepticons. In their makeshift prison, they share a tender moment.
Scarlett: I've...I've seen you looking at me.(Snake-Eyes pulls back)Scarlett: No. Don't pull away. I-I look at you too. There's a grace to you...some kind of beauty. It's like nothing I've ever seen. It...draws me to you. But I can't hear your voice. And I can't see your eyes. So when you look at me, I don't know what you're thinking...what you feel. We might die here. I know you hide your face... that you're ashamed of your scars. But, I want to see your eyes.(pause, then Snake Eyes removes his mask)Scarlett: I see now. You don't need to say a thing.(They embrace and tenderly kiss each other.)
- Followed up at the end of Volume 3 with Snake Eyes sticking a note on her back: "Who needs mechs? Tag. You're it." Scarlett takes it and goes, "Why, Mr. Snake Eyes, are you trying to continue our game?" She then chuckles, "You little flirt."