- The reprise of "Let's Play a Love Scene" when Nick finally gets it.
You were the honest friend, I was the great pretender/I hid my feelings until the end/But now I want to say what it means to me/How things will never be the same without you . . .
- "Bring On Tomorrow" is part-this, part-Tear Jerker, and part CMOA.
- Tyrone's message on the board - "I WILL READ."
- "These Are My Children". Full stop. The entire song, which proves how devoted Miss Sherman is to her students.
- The song "Starmaker" from the 1st season finale "A Special Place" as sung to the character of Mr. Gregory Crandall (played by Michael Thoma). Also a Real Life example, as Thoma was leaving after a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, and ended up dying a few months laternote
- Also from the series, there's "Beautiful Dreamer", at least in the nostalgic sense.
- "Life Is A Celebration" is part this and part Awesome Music.
- The entire "Selling Out" episode.
- Part Tear Jerker as well: When Nicole's biological mother is forced to leave, Nicole finds a note from her saying "Never forget the pleasure of the journey". She is then shown performing at a concert, as her mother watches from the wings.
"I just wanted to see her perform one last time."