Heartwarming: Bend It Like Beckham
- Jess' father letting her go to a very important match during Pinky's wedding, saying to her, "If it will finally make you smile on your sister's big day."
- Later on, her mother is chiding him for letting her go, and he replies, "I could not take her sad face, I could not!"
- Jess has multiple Friendship Moments with Tony: like him trying to sneak her out of the wedding to follow her dream, and then offering to marry her to get her to America to study, despite telling her earlier that he was gay.
- The whole team gets a few, such as when Jess is given a red card unfairly and they all come to her defense, and helping her re-sari for her sisters wedding.
- The very end scene, where Joe is playing cricket with Jess's father and Teetu. Before, he was just the white boy trying to corrupt Jess. Now, he's a friend.
- In the final confrontation between Jess and her family, her father explains how, despite being a near-professional talent, he quit a cricket league because the other players referred to him as a "raghead". He says he did it to "show them", but now wonders who really suffered more, as he gave up a game he loved. He ends by saying that he doesn't "want Jess to suffer anymore," and Jess's mother, who never knew the entire story of his quitting the team, understands his feelings and gives her grudging approval for Jess to continue her career.
- Also, the scene in the airport. Jess and Jules are heading off to fulfill their ambitions and realize their potential. Meanwhile, Jules's mother offers Jess's mom a hanky, while the dads shake hands and formally introduce themselves.