* It's damn difficult to pick a single moment out of ''The Goon Show'''s surreality - the series was consistently funny, but [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSGiA4f5cs "What time is it Eccles?"]] would be up there.
* With this one right behind:
-->'''Bluebottle:''' Oh, a cocktail. Good health. [Gulps]
-->(FX: Huge rumbling explosion - the kind where you hear bricks & bits of timber falling in the distance)
-->'''Bluebottle:''' You rotten swine! You have nearly deaded me - look, my kneecaps have dropped four inches. Who made that cocktail?
-->'''Gravely Headstone:''' Molotov.
* I has taken a look at da [[http://www.thegoonshow.net/quotes.asp quotes here]] an I tink I likes dem.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iLElHqv-w Meta-example]]: Creator/SpikeMilligan at the 1994 British Comedy Awards, [[ScrewPolitenessImASenior at the age of seventy-six]], after being given his lifetime achievement award ("It's about bloody time.").
-->'''Jonathan Ross:''' I have a letter to read out to you from [[UsefulNotes/TheBritishRoyalFamily His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales]].\\
'''Spike Milligan:''' Do I kneel down for this?\\
'''Jonathan Ross:''' "As someone who grew up to the sounds of ''The Goon Show'' on the steam-driven wireless, I must confess that I've been a lifelong fan of the participants in the show and particularly of Spike Milligan..."\\
'''Spike Milligan:''' Oh, the little grovelling bastard.[[note]]They were friends in real life.[[/note]]
* In "The String Robberies", we are primed to expect an appearance by Eccles:
-->''[Knocking at a door]''
-->'''Bloodnok:''' Who is that there, who is it? [[WhoWouldBeStupidEnough Only a lunatic]] would be out in such a storm!
** -- but instead of just one Eccles, we get a whole ''chorus'' of them, all singing "Good King Wenceslas" with great feeling.
-->'''Bloodnok:''' You fools! Christmas has gone!
-->'''Eccles:''' Really? Where did it go?
-->'''Bloodnok:''' No! I mean it's finished! Over!
-->'''Eccles:''' Oh um...
-->''(sound of group murmering and muttering to themselves)''
-->'''Eccles:''' Penny for the guy?
* For a while, there was a great RunningGag in which Eccles made his first appearance in each episode singing a ''Paint Your Wagon'' song with... unusual lyrics:
** "I talk to the trees/That's why they put me away..." [[note]]in "Rommel's Treasure"[[/note]]
*** Eddie Braben of ''Creator/MorecambeAndWise'' claims this was a suggestion he sent in in a fan letter and was never credited for.
** "With a smile on my face/For the whole human race/It's almost like being insane!" [[note]]in "The Great Regency Park Swim"[[/note]]
** [[OverlyLongGag Ram bam ra-da-ba-bum bam ba-da ba bum da ba-da de dum-dum, pa-ram bam ra-da-ba-bum bam ba-da ba bum da ba-da de dum-dum-dum-dum... bam-de-dam... bam... dun]]. ''(several seconds of silence) (starts all over again before finally being interrupted by another character)'' [[note]]in "The Sahara Desert Statue"[[/note]]
* "The Siege of Fort Night":
-->'''Eccles:''' Will I have to walk all the way?
-->'''Seagoon:''' Of course not! Part of the way, you'll be allowed to run!
* "What's My Line": After Seagoon has performed a song that is rendered as a repeated thudding sound:
-->'''Grytpype''': The lad has the gift of melody! ...Tell me, what was it?\\
''Thud, Thud, Thud''...
* In a classic OverlyLongGag, Crun asks Neddie for his name and address. The result can be read in its entirety in the Quotes section.