* In the first game, an exchange of E-mails soon after clearing the medical level:
-->'''Lansing''': Be careful, we believe SHODAN is trying to jam----''*static*''
-->'''SHODAN''': I prefer a ''quiet'' station, thank you.
* If the hacker fires the laser before raising the shields, he will get an email from SHODAN thanking him for helping destroy earth and inviting him to the party.
* One of the relays you can find on the maintenance level is labeled "Film/SoylentGreen Filtration Control".
!!System Shock 2
* Hacking a replicator will reduce its prices and allow access to better items. The lone exception to this rule is in the movie theater lobby, where hacking the vending machine instead results in snack food that costs over 800 nanites.
* The ending has The BigBad offer to bargain with the Soldier after he defeats it by offering him even more power if he will join it, Darth Vader style.
--> [[spoiler:"Naah." *click* '''*BLAM*''']]
* In the mall on the recreation deck, Xerxes calmly announces that there there are 162 shopping days left until Christmas and that working overtime twice a week will give a crewmember enough money, even though there is nobody left on board who is in any position to care about Christmas. Bear in mind that most of his announcements are about the ship's security system and the glory of The Many.