Even though these games can touch on some serious matters, and despite how it gets more and more dark as it progresses, there are some genuinely funny moments to be found in this series.
!!''Police Quest I''
* During off duty, two of Sonny's fellow officers are at a bar, and one of them is going through depression. How does this get resolved? How about a stripper hiding within a birthday cake for him! His reaction is priceless.
* In the remake, if you lose the poker game, you are treated to a scene of Sonny explaining his situation to his boss, leading to a funny conversation about the chief sarcastically deciding that he'll train all his cops to be pro poker players.
* Sonny playing on his 'Whitey' persona during the sting operation, right down to remarking at the female bartender in the remake.
--> (when informed that he'll be patted down) "I understand babe. I'll suffer through it. Take your time, now."
** Also helps that he maintains his stoic expression through out the course of the game, down to his disguise.
* Doing a field sobriety test on the drunk driver has him do an impression of a swan in flight.
* [[DevelopersForesight The computer has some interesting search results for swear words.]]
!!''Police Quest II''
* The premise of the game gives off a feeling to that of a buddy cop film. Then you have to consider that it's Police Quest.
* Want to upset Sonny's boss, Captain Hall? Try driving around to anywhere and NOT check in at the Police Department. He will have quite a word with Bonds.
* After dispatching the terrorists in the plane, Sonny can find a note on them called "How to make a bomb." Yes, for terrorists who were able to smuggle their guns in the plane somehow, they're not very smart at making a hard to disable bomb.
* Captain Hall is ''always'' seen with an ice cream cone in his hand. A look at his personnel file reveals that he's failed his medical as a result of excessive ice cream consumption.
* [[VideoGame/LeisureSuitLarry Larry Laffer]] making a cameo at the airport, and you can even try arresting him, to which he will whine he is just a victim of circumstances.
** Larry will even troll the player, talking about the "blonde hottie" at the airport, which you can only see from the back. If you try 'TALK GIRL' from the front, where Sonny can see that person's face, you get a "Huh??", but if you do it from behind, you get a "What's the matter with you, bud?" from the VERY MUCH male beard-sporting dude with a slapstick-ish embarrassing tune chiding you for the misunderstanding.
!!''Police Quest III''
* The drunk driver. It's funnier than the first considering you'll have to administer a couple of tests on him.
* The horny man. He understands what he's done (speeding), and he doesn't care. There's a woman who needs something something from him, and he politely asked Sonny for a ticket quickly so he doesn't delay.
* The maniac who is in his underwear and out of his mind. The way he talks and moves may earn chuckles.
!!''Police Quest IV: Open Season''
* Despite the [[FakeLongevity overly long act of loosening each bullet from the hole,]] and [[BrokenRecord having to hear the same sentence repeat over and over again,]] it actually does become amusing when you play around with the skip feature. The game will also [[MediumAwareness mercifully skip saying anything when you bag each slug, simply follow each one procured with a]] DING.
--> "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slu-" DING! "You've loosen the slu-" DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "Detective, be more specific." "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING!
** Also, when you turn in all the bullets to evidence, you have the option to have it put on a shelf for later, to refrigerate it, or to freeze it. What good would the later options do other than amuse you?
* The doctor's secretary is a DumbBlonde, and even sounds like one. The narrator will even lampshade this if you try to pull a gun on her.
--> '''Narrator''': "Stupidity is ''not'' a crime."
* Dennis Walker will use the ClusterFbomb many times if you touch his stuff or if you show him items like a chocolate bar from your inventory.
!!''Police Quest SWAT''
* The element leader will lecture you for attempting to skip the beginning briefing.
* The mission of the ManChild that hid women in his under ground dungeon. His own mother is apparently confident enough to stand up against a squad of five fully armed and armored men single handed-ally, telling them to leave. She's quick to break her spirits if you shoot/spray her with your tazer/pepper-spray.