'''No spoiler warnings allowed on these subpages! Therefore, read with caution!'''
* Professor Oak... [[MemeticMutation He]] [[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cj0x3AK1QGk/TIP6FueRYWI/AAAAAAAAAA8/Z9kPeXnmyrE/s1600/Professor_Oak_Came_.jpg came]].
* [[OpenMindedParent Your first conversation with your mom]]. "All boys leave home someday. It says so on TV."
* "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" This single line spoken by a trainer has spawned a whole lot more "shorts" trainers.
** "HEY! You're not wearing shorts!"
** Even a girl in B2/W2 who says that her dress is comfy and easy to wear.
* The Rocket who asks you if you'd like to join the team. "We're a group dedicated to evil using Pokemon!"
* And then the unassociated Rocket who accuses you of betraying Team Rocket despite having absolutely no connection with them.
-->'''Rocket Grunt:''' ''*after defeating him*'' You traitor!
* The fact that you can [[HelloInsertNameHere name your rival]] [[VideoGameCrueltyPotential whatever you want]]...[[http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy93/GameSultan/Random/Funny/1267454490833.png the]] [[http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=1 poor]] [[UnfortunateName guy]].
--> That's right! I remember now! His name is Asshat!
** Pokemon are not immune to this either. Come on, how many of us are guilty of doing something like [[http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=10 this]]...and [[MemeticMutation especially]] [[http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=27 this]], getting a chuckle and snicker every single time?
** The fact that he forgot his grandson's name.
* Defeating [[TheRival Blue]] can feel like this. He is all cocky and so sure you're going to lose, only for you to hand his ass to him.
** His desperate attempts to save face are pretty funny as well. When you beat him for the last time before the league, he claims that you still need practice. That's right, dude, I just [[CurbStompBattle curbstomped]] your entire team and ''I'm'' the one who needs practice.
* [[CaptainObvious OH NO! I dropped the lift key!]]
* The remakes lampshade how ridiculous it is to pay 500 currency for a Magikarp.
--> [[HelloInsertNameHere Player]] paid an outrageous ₱500 and bought the Magikarp...
** Gets even funnier if you have a Gyarados before you'd obtain the fishing rod.
* If you interact with a TV from the side or back, it tells you "Oops, wrong side".
* While looking around inside the Celadon Game Corner before traveling to the secret path into Team Rocket's HQ, you can randomly come across the Gym Leader's aide playing the slots.
--> ''They offer rare Pokémon that can be exchanged for your coins. But, I just can't seem to win!''
* The remakes add a phone to the Rocket HQ. If you examine it, the game says "It's a phone. Better not use it."
* In Yellow, Pikachu's reaction to Bill stepping out of the teleporter is priceless.
** Also in Yellow, after fishing, if you talk to Pikachu, he'll have a bucket on his head.
* Since [[VideoGameRemake FireRed and Leaf reen are remakes of Gen 1, with mostly the same Pokemon]], if you attempt to evolve Golbat or Chansey [[TrueCompanions into Crobat or Blissey]] [[SequenceBreaking before obtaining the National Pokedex]], the evolution will suddenly cease [[LampshadeHanging with a humorous reaction to the occasion afterwards.]] [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment This never occurs in any other remake,]] but it is hilarious when it occurs, even moreso when it happens to people who played through Ruby and Sapphire expecting a Crobat.
* If you complete the National Dex, Professor Oak lets out a hilarious yell that is juxtaposed with what he says before and after.
** "Truly, this is a fantastic feat! Wroooooooaaaaaarrrr! Thank you, [[HelloInsertNameHere Player]]!
* On the S.S.Anne, you can see the contents of the sickly captain's wastebasket:
--> YUCK! Shouldn't have looked.
* Due to a quirk in his AI, Blaine (who's supposed to be the second-to-last Gym Leader) will sometimes use Super Potions... on full-health Pokemon. ArtificialStupidity doesn't end there: "good AI" trainers will always use Super Effective moves in battle, regardless of if those moves actually do damage or not. It's possible to render trainers like Lance useless by sending a Fighting or Poison type against them, forcing them to spam Agility and Barrier.
** Due to this AI combined with another glitch in the way stat changes due to burn/paralyze work, TwitchPlaysPokemon actually beat Misty's Starmie with ''a Kakuna and a Magikarp'' after burning it with their Charizard. For some reason, the halving of Attack due to burn is reapplied each time a stat change is made on the turn of the opponent of the burned Pokémon; e.g., when Kakuna used Harden. This meant that by the time Magikarp was sent out, Starmie's physical attacks could do next to nothing. But because Magikarp was a Water-type and this resistant to other Water-type attacks, she opted for Tackle over Bubblebeam despite Bubblebeam being the superior choice even under normal circumstances[[note]]Bubblebeam's base power is nearly twice Tackle's and Starmie gets STAB on it, making it more than twice as powerful even without taking into account that Starmie's a better special attacker than physical attacker[[/note]] and succumbed to burn damage before it could finish off the Magikarp.
* Pitting a Weedle against another Weedle. Just watch them use Poison Sting against each other until one of them faints... a glitch in this game will always falsely identify their attacks as "super effective" due to the way dual typing works. MundaneMadeAwesome, anyone?
* We all know about the grumpy old man in Viridian City who won't let you pass until he's had his coffee, and we all know that in the original Japanese, the man is actually drunk as a skunk. What usually isn't noted is in the original Japanese the drunk man is actually still very polite and ''insists'' on helping you. It's this drunken friendly demeanor that is the reason Red flees.
-->'''Old Man''': Uugh...! ''(hiccups)'' Hold it right there! Lissen to what I hafta say!\\
''[Red starts to turn back]''\\
'''Old Man''': ...Hey! Don' go, I said!\\
''[talking to his granddaughter while he's lying there]''\\
'''Old Man's granddaughter''': Good grief, Grandpa! Sleeping ''here'' of all places! ''[to Red]'' It can't be helped. We have to wait until he sobers up...
* In the Celadon City Hotel, although you have to speak to each of them separately:
-->'''Girl NPC''': I'm on vacation with my brother and boy friend. Celadon is such a pretty city!\\
'''Her brother''': My sis brought me on this vacation!\\
'''Her boyfriend''': Why did she bring her brother?