- The scouts chasing Sam at Fort Lebanon run in a straight line rather than spread out to try to capture him. Then when they reach the lightning field, Sam runs in a circle and the scouts run behind him as opposed to flanking him.
- Sam dancing on the beach.
- The scouts' treehouse being ridiculously high up on a tree with barely any limbs. There's also the scoutmaster's reaction to how stupidly dangerous it is to build a treehouse there.
Scout: Well, where would you have built it?Scoutmaster Ward: Lower.
- Sam and Suzy's first kiss on the beach...followed by Sam spitting and Suzy looking offended.
Sam: I got sand in my mouth.Suzy: Oh.
Suzy: Can you French kiss?Sam: I think so. Is there any secret to it?Suzy: The tongues touch each other.Sam: Ok. Let's try it.(they French kiss then get closer together)Suzy: It feels hard.Sam: Do you mind?Suzy: I like it.
- Then the awkward exchanges as they decide to explore a little further, which is equal parts hilarious, adorable, and cringe-worthy.
- Then after they kiss some more, Suzy lets Sam touch her breasts, noting that she thinks they're "gonna grow more".
- Sam, next to Suzy, both in their underwear, opens the tent in the morning to find the search party standing there in shock. Sam's father immediately runs to the tent and Sam zips it up — it zips from the inside — only for Suzy's father to simply pluck up the tent.
- Everyone seems to know and emphasize the handedness of Suzy's scissors, even the scouts who only know she had them because she stabbed one with them.
- The fight scene, or rather lack thereof. We see the scouts running at Sam and Suzy, one of them riding a motorcycle. The screen goes black, we see Suzy's scissors fly across the screen, followed by an arrow. Cut to the place being deserted, save for Sam and Suzy. The motorcycle is up in a tree and Suzy just sadly says "I do go berserk".
- If you listen closely immediately before the scouts appear running away in terror, you can faintly hear maniacal shrieking. Whether it's Suzy or the scouts is up to the viewer.
- This exchange, when Suzy's mom realizes her daughter ran away from home:
Suzy's Mom: Do you not care that your daughter has run away from home?Suzy's Dad: That's a loaded question.
- Cousin Ben's exasperation over Sam and Suzy seemingly not taking getting married with the proper amount of gravity. At one point, he glances at the sky and mutters "They aren't taking this seriously" and also tells them to spit out their gum. There's also his admitting that the marriage won't be considered legal or binding by any group, government, or state.
- The can filled with $76 in nickels.
Leader Scout: Can they keep the nickels? I worry about their future.Cousin Ben: That's my fee! I'm keeping the nickels!
- The can filled with $76 in nickels.
- The Khaki Scout treating the "marriage" of Sam and Suzy as Serious Business despite telling them that the wedding isn't official.
- "I'm gonna go find a tree to chop down."
- Even funnier. The next scene with him has him sitting next to a tree, with the axe in it. Clearly, it was harder than he thought it would be.
- Sam and Suzy's somber response to Snoopy the dog's death
Suzy: Was he a good dog?Sam: Who's to say?
- In Sam and Suzy's montage of correspondence, one of the events Sam writes about is hilarious for the sheer audacity and his somber description.
Sam: Dear Suzy, I accidentally built a fire while I was sleep-walking. I have no memory of this, but my foster parents think I am lying.
- Sam makes Suzy a pair of insect earrings, then asks if she has her ears pierced. Answer Cut to Suzy screaming as Sam sticks the earrings in; they have a nice moment admiring them, then Suzy turns her head and we see a trail of blood down her ear.
- Lionel goes to get his record player back from Suzy, only to find a creepy paper mache dummy of herself in her bed, causing him to flip out in terror.