* During the 1993 celebrity special, one of the Gladiators ripped John Fashanu's outfit and exposed his gentleman's region. This forced him to use a powerball to preserve his modesty, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSa6_6kjRQ TV using a Gladiators symbol]].
* In a quarter-final of that year's main series Wolf pulled contender Roddy [=McKay=]'s shorts down during Hang Tough and was reprimanded by John Anderson. He protested, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyozpaYasY "The referee's being unfair — he had pants on."]]
* Before the first men's Powerball of Series 3, both Gladstone [=McKenzie=] (an American footballer) and Dean Pollen (a former rugby player) [[Main/BattleChant perform a haka in front of the Gladiators]], who aren't too impressed. After the haka, John Anderson asked "Contenders, are you ''now'' ready?" in a slightly annoyed tone.
* From his first appearance, eventual grand champion Paul Field beat Wolf on Suspension Bridge within the first five seconds, then started celebrating...[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzxnI92SF5E#t=40m25s before being told via John Anderson's whistle that he actually had to reach the opposite platform to get maximum points, which the copper eventually did.]]
* When making her entrance for the Series 3 Grand Final, eventual grand champion Eunice Huthart came out with a beach ball in her warm-up suit and acted like she was pregnant.[[note]](Show presenter Ulrika Jonnson was expecting her first child at the time the season was filmed, which was why she was absent from the Armed Forces Special and International Gladiators later that year.)[[/note]]
* During the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsphmPufys#t=12m25s 1994 Armed Forces special]], Cobra managed to bring down an RAF contender in Pyramid...[[TrashTheSet as well as the top of the Pyramid itself!]] Obviously, this forced John Anderson to stop the event for repairs.
* When Pole-Axe is played, the contestant and Gladiator are instructed to "mount the poles" during the setup before the event starts. When this was played for the first time in the International series and the command was given, the commentator mentions that [[DoubleEntendre the phrase would need to be changed if Poland were to compete in the next series]].
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RiVnB9c8I Wolf getting the Yellow Card for shoving a contender after a game of Pyramid.]] His facial expression after being shown the Yellow Card was priceless.
-->'''John Anderson''': "You are starting to behave badly all over again. You pushed the contender after the game was over, [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking and you are interrupting the interview]]! Yellow Card! Next time, it's a Red one, and you're OFF!"
* During the Series 4 Grand Final (the same series as the above Yellow Card), Wolf earned another Yellow Card for shoving eventual champion Mark Everitt after he made it to the top of the Pyramid (though Wolf said in a subsequent interview that Mark shoved HIM first), and while arguing with John Anderson about it, actually grabbed the Yellow Card and ate it. Does the ref send him off after that? Nope. He just shrugs as if to say, "Why bother, he never listens anyway."
* The 1997 Comic Relief special, where the two contenders were played by popular soap actors. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOd0mEBlvsg One of them is unfit, overweight and drinks beer throughout the contest but wins the final through a series of corrupt tricks, including bribing both Wolf and John Anderson with wedges of cash, and getting an associate in the audience to take down the other contender with a poisoned blowdart.]]
* The "Celebrities vs. Jockeys" special ([[KeepCirculatingTheTapes Which, sadly, isn't seen on the air anymore]] [[AuthorExistenceFailure due to circumstances surrounding the death of celebrity contender Mark Speight]]) has a few of them, most notably jockey Willie Carson (Little Contender, READY!) blatantly cheating on the Hit & Run event (mainly by crawling on the suspension bridge). John Anderson then promptly disqualified the jockey, while hiding behind Cobra and Hunter, who then carried him offstage when he tried to attack the ref.
* The introduction of "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfddktBblI The Legends Return]]" from the 2008 revival is both this and heartwarming at the same time.
-->'''John Anderson''': "NEW GLADIATORS, READY!! OLD GLADIATORS, READY!!" (Wolf then enters)\\
'''Wolf''': "What are you talking about, 'Old Gladiators'?!"\\
'''Anderson''': "Sorry. (beat) ANCIENT GLADIATORS!!"\\
'''Wolf''': "We're not old!"\\
'''Anderson''': "VERY OLD!!"\\
'''Wolf''': "We're ''LEGENDS''!"\\