Yes, even a game about eldritch horror has its rare amusing moments.
* A little bit of BlackComedy at the beginning of the game-- when Alex (rightfully) calls Detective Legrasse out on insensitively showing her her grandfather's mangled body in an attempt to identify it, he has this frustrated response:
--> '''Legrasse''': I... I'm sorry. It's my ''job'', lady-- you're the only living relative, and no, we ''can't'' check dental records. ...There's no head.
* When the ghost of Chandra appears to Karim at the end of his chapter, he lists off all the ways she wronged him, and ends the list by saying that she "really doesn't look so good anymore", complete with leaning back and a look of mild disgust. When he agrees to stay with her, his final words as a mortal are more annoyed than anything else.
* Edward [[RealityEnsues getting knocked on his ass when he fails to prep the Elephant Gun properly.]]
* When Sanity Effects aren't being taunting, they're grinning BlackComedy.
--> "''It is somewhat difficult to equip a weapon when [Name] has no arms to equip it with!''"
** The one that makes you fall through the floor is pretty good too, evoking SoBadItsGood ObviousBeta games.
** "[[AlasPoorYorick To be... or not to be? That is the question.]]"
** To quote WebVideo/TwoBestFriendsPlay about some of the harmless effects:
--> ''see green fog in the mansion with sounds''
--> '''Pat:''' ''(amused)'' [[MemeticMutation This can't be happening~]]
** One of the sanity effects is a Blue Screen of Death. [[FreezeFrameBonus The text on it]] basically tells the player to press CTRL+ALT+DEL over and over, wasting large amounts of time and patience trying to fix it.
* Attempt to set the wrong rune as [[spoiler: the ghost of Edward when he appears to bind Alex's summoned Ancient]] enough times and [[spoiler: Edward]] will murmur to himself over how rusty he's gotten with them. "It's the squiggly circle thing!"
* Anthony apparently has no feeling in his hands once he gets a hold of the Two Handed Sword - he uses his ''bare hand'' to test its sharpness without so much as flinching.
** Many a first-time player "PFFFF"s when Anthony drops the blue urn on examining it. This can happen even [[TheKlutz before he has the excuse of starting to turn into a zombie]].
* Paul's [[CurbStompBattle "fight"]] with the Guardian. [[YourHeadASplode Especially Xel'lotath's Guardian.]]
* In ''Heresy!'' A monk shoves you away from a door, stating that one of the Order's most sacred rituals is taking place therein. Said room is ''[[TheAlcoholic the wine cellar]]''.
* In "The Lost City" There is a section where you need to summon a zombie and walk it [[spoiler: under a platform that will proceed to drop a section of ceiling on top of it.]] However if you really want to you can enact a case of VideoGameCrueltyPotential by [[spoiler: making Roberto himself walk under it. It gives you a game over but after the shock value it's somewhat amusing.]]
* Once you can activate Eternal Mode, go into a chapter with Bonethieves and let one pounce you. Instead of the normal game over, your character can blithely continue on his/her way once the creature has finished clawing its way inside. Bonus points if you do this for ''every'' Bonethief in the chapter.