* The "Blue Is Frustrated" episode, top to bottom. From Salt and Pepper's picnic-preparation rage to Mailbox's genuine distress at his inability to fit through the window, watching [[BewareTheNiceOnes normally cheerful animated characters freaking out]] is amazingly awesome.
** There's also Steve having trouble ''drawing his clues''. First, the crayon gets ''[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oVMSbFAlno launched]]'' out of the notebook when he tries to pop it out and, later, Steve ''breaks it'' [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0WIDsdP5XE just by trying to draw]].
--->'''Steve:''' ''(holds crayon)'' Alright. Water. ''(presses crayon against notebook paper; cue crack)'' Oh that's ''really'' frustrating it makes me.. ''(his face just ''screams'' TranquilFury and mumbles gibberish, [[TranquilFury before looking at the camera and snapping the broken part of the crayon]] and gives a calm smile)''
* Opposite end of the spectrum, there was one episode where Steve himself was the first clue. You'd think Jesus had come again with how Steve reacted to this. As if that wasn't worth enough chuckles, he always greets his drawing self whenever he reviews the clues of that episode.
* In "Morning Music" Blue goes to ''the bathroom''. Shouldn't she be going outside like normal dogs?
** It's just funnier considering that Joe was singing while a dog's on the freaking toilet and only ''he'' can keep a straight face.
** This is even more funny: Joe's actor had to do 30 takes, and almost each time he kept cracking up.
* In "Blue's Big Musical," Mr. Salt keeps having trouble making cookies, which keeps distracting Steve.
** First, when Sidetable is attempting to ask Steve if she can sing in the You-Can-Be-Anything-You-Wanna-Be show;
-->'''Sidetable:''' Steve! I have something to ask you.
-->'''Steve:''' ''(walks over to Sidetable)'' Yes, Sidetable?
-->'''Sidetable:''' Well, uh... I want to, uh... ''(tsk)'' ''(begins blushing)'' Could I...uh...--
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' Steve, Steve! ''(sound of opening a cabinet is heard)'' I can't find the flour!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to the kitchen)'' Try the bottom shelf. ''(some more kitchen noises are heard, Steve turns back over to Sidetable)'' Sorry. What did you wanna say?
-->'''Sidetable:''' Well, um.... ''(blushes again, begins nudging one of her legs)'' You see... I wanted to--
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' STEVE!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to the kitchen again)'' Just one second. ''(turns over to Sidetable)''
-->''(one second later)''
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' Uh-oh... ''(clattering sounds)''
-->''(Steve turns to the screen, and then to the kitchen, Sidetable looks over with an agape mouth)''
-->'''Steve:''' Um...I better go help Mr. Salt in the kitchen. ''(Sidetable nods)''
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' Oh no!
-->(crash, spilled liquid is heard)
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' Sacré bleu!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to the audience)'' Will you wait here with Sidetable drawer?
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' Better get a mop!
-->'''Steve:''' Great. ''(turns to Sidetable)'' I'm sorry, uh... hold that thought, I'll be right back. ''(runs to the kitchen)''
** The second instance is when Periwinkle is trying to show one of his tricks to Steve;
-->'''Periwinkle:''' Steve, Steve! I want to show you something!
-->'''Steve:''' Hey, Perry. What do you want to show us?
-->''(Mr. Salt hops to the kitchen window, where Steve and Periwinkle outside)''
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' Uh...Excuse me, Steve. Where are the chocolate chips?
-->'''Steve:''' Oh. There's on the bottom shelf.
-->''(Mr. Salt hops into the kitchen)''
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to Periwinkle)'' Sorry, Periwinkle. Go ahead.
-->''(some cabinets are heard)''
-->'''Periwinkle:''' ''(covers himself with a cape)'' Peri, Pocus, Ocus--
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' Where, Steve??
-->'''Steve: '''(turns to Mr. Salt)'' Bottom shelf. ''(turns over to Periwinkle)''
-->''(some clanging is heard)''
-->'''Periwinkle:''' ... Peri, Pocus, Ocus, Cr--
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' What did you say?!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to Mr. Salt)'' Bottom shelf. ''(turns over to Periwinkle again)''
-->''(some more clanging is heard)''
-->'''Periwinkle:''' ''(starting to get annoyed)'' PERI, PO--
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' Steve, where?!
-->''(crash, a canister lid is seen sliding on the floor)''
-->'''Mr. Salt:''' ''(from the kitchen)'' ''(to himself)'' Oh, no...
* The first time we see Joe, Steve tells him "You've grown!" It's about the only plausible way to quickly acknowledge that Joe is taller than Steve.
* Steve goes to college on, wait for it, [[spoiler: ''a hopscotch scholarship'']].
** During "Steve Goes To College," which is about what Steve will bring with him to college, Joe mishears "A clue!" as "Shoes" and asks the audience if they think Steve will take his shoes to college. Steve says that [[TheCuckooLanderWasRight he actually will be taking his shoes with him]].
** When Steve returns for the 100th episode, he reports that he's become captain of the varsity hopscotch team.
* Steve impersonating ElvisPresley because he's playing a "king." Sadly, [[ParentalBonus only parents understood that one...]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtcfoVXNZ6g&feature=related Episode 100]]
* Five words: "A sock in a bakery."[[note]]To explain: the sock was the third clue... [[AssPull and had no reason to be there at all]].[[/note]]
-->'''Steve:''' Who'd 'a thought?
* From "What's So Funny?"
--> '''Sock Puppet':''' [[SubvertedCatchPhrase We are looking for clues now.]] [[BreakingTheFourthWall This is the part where we sing about the clues]]!
* From "The Wrong Shirt":
-->'''Steve:''' ''(walks into the room and [[FailedASpotCheck fails to notice the tree behind him]])'' [[ItMakesSenseInContext So, do you see anything that's the opposite of how it's supposed to be?]]
-->'''Audience:''' That tree!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(slightly confused)'' [[FlatWhat Excuse me, a- a]] ''[[FlatWhat tree]]''[[FlatWhat ?]]
** There's also what kicks off the episode: Steve [[EpicFail managing]] to put on the ''opposite'' of his usual attire (as in a brown shirt and green-striped pants)... and [[FailedASpotCheck only realizing it]] when the audience points it out.
* At one point in "Blue's News," Steve and Blue enter the chalkboard (in search of Slippery's chalk friend) and boat down a river. On their journey, a giant wave appears behind them (that is about to wreck their boat)... [[ComicallyMissingThePoint which Steve (upon noticing) gestures "Hi." to.]]
** And then he quietly gets Blue's attention (tapping on her shoulder) to it, which is ''then'' where [[http://media.tumblr.com/84b189f20174a391ee10d7b8b6b32804/tumblr_inline_nep34iksvH1r78qpv.png they get concerned over it]].
* Usually, Steve (or Joe)'s response upon mishearing the audience say "A clue!" isn't funny. But, in "Math!":
-->'''Steve:''' ''(counting ice cubes in an ice tray)'' 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! 10 ice cubes! Good counting!
-->''(at this point, the ice cubes in the nearby ice bucket shift, revealing one of them is a clue)''
-->'''Audience:''' A clue!
-->'''Steve:''' ''(turns to look us)'' ''([[HeroicBSOD sounds/looks like he's about to have a heart attack]])'' ''[[YouHaveGotToBeKiddingMe Ten clues?]]''
* When Steve and Blue are playing with instruments, then this happens...
--> ''(phone rings)''
--> '''Steve:''' Hey. What instrument is that?
--> '''Audience:''' The telephone.
--> '''Steve:''' What? The phone instrument? ''(Understands what the audience is saying)'' Oh, the telephone. Yeah. ''(realises)'' Oh, the telephone.
* In the episode "What Experiment Does Blue Want To Try?", after looking through the magnifying glass, the audience finds the second clue. Steve pulls out his handy-dandy...magnifying glass! Even funnier, the AudibleGleam still plays, but dies down once he pulls out the magnifying glass instead.
** Also the kid yelling, "It's a clue, clue, [[RuleOfThree clue!]]" is pretty amusing.
* "Blue's Birthday" has a part near the end that [[EditedForSyndication isn't shown in reruns]] where Steve opens a present for him, which inside has presents inside those presents. At one point, he has a purple present that's medium-sized.
--> '''Steve:''' Oooooh... You'll never guess what this is. Go ahead, guess!
--> '''Audience:''' A toaster!
** Speaking of things not shown in reruns, there's a scene that's only on the VHS where Steve learns the birthday dance from three kids who live in an apartment. What it boils down to is something you'd see as a bonus feature on the DVD, but it's hilarious nonetheless.
* In "Patience," Blue places a ''giant clue pawprint'' on the roof of the ''Blue's Clues'' house. For added amusement, Periwinkle is present with Joe and gets in on the [[RunningGag usual act]] of [[ICantHearYou mishearing the kid]].
-->'''Kid:''' On the roof!
-->'''Periwinkle:''' Blue's on the roof?!
** And even more funny when the camera is further away and Joe lampshades it.
--->'''Joe:''' Hey! How'd you get over there?!
* In "Let's Write," we play Blue's Clues to figure out what word Blue wants to write. It turns out to be "Joe." As the clues are being solved...
-->'''Joe:''' Juh-oe. Juh-oe. What word is that?
-->'''Kid's voice:''' Joe!
* In "What's That Sound?", the second clue is a cloud. Steve is about to draw it in the notebook when, in a rare moment of awareness, he does a double take by looking back at the cloud and wondering what the hell his dog just did.
-->'''Steve:''' How did Blue get a paw-? (pauses again before drawing the cloud)
* "What Is Blue Afraid Of?" Steve says Boo's name and he jumps in fright. Works every time.
* Spanish is used throughout "Un Dia con Plum"...
-->'''Kid:''' A clue. Or ''una pista''.
-->'''Steve:''' A pizza? I like pizza.
* "Bedtime Business" features a "pillow notebook," which at one point Joe pretends as if it's an actual pillow, holding it up to his head as if he's going to fall asleep.
-->'''Joe:''' So cuddly. ... Just kidding.
* In the same installment, a late-night mail delivery is delivered by Mailbox, and at the end of the letter, a toothbrush falls out of the letter, which is the third clue. Since mail is almost always taken in the Thinking Chair, that's where Joe happens to be. After he's done drawing the clue, he says that it's "Time to sit in our Thinking Chair," hops ''out'' of the Thinking Chair to go to it, then realizes what he just did as the usual [[LettingTheAirOutOfTheBand "Thinking Chair" music comes to a halt.]] He then stares briefly at the chair, points to the seat, and slowly sits down, a sheepish look on his face.
-->'''Joe:''' (''chagrined'') Well, now that we're in our Thinking Chair, let's think.
* In "Blue's Sad Day", Steve is visibly embarrassed by a felt girl blowing a kiss at him. It's particularly amusing that ''this'' is what embarrasses him considering the world he lives in.