- Any time the narrator snarks.
"And then the Kid fell to his death."
(Kid immediately falls back onto the play area)
"Naw, I'm just foolin'."
"Turn him round and round all you like; Pyth is still gonna be ugly."
- If you click on the bull statue 4 times to turn it in a full circle:
"Okay, now that's just plain overkill. I mean, come on!"
- "Kid just rages for a while..."
- Basically any time he hangs a lampshade on most players' tendency to break EVERYTHING.
- "Know how many times The Kid nearly fell off that barge?... not even once."
- "He cuts down every Stabweed like there's going to be a prize for it."
- Upon equipping both the Mortar and the Calamity Cannon:
"Take my word for it: don't ever drop one of those things."
- If you upgrade the Calamity Cannon:
"I've been meaning to put some guard rails there."
- Upon falling off of the Bastion:
This microphone smells funny.
- There are some unused audio files in the game that are actually pretty funny. Link
You find that old boat? Plant it.
You find a rusty, old pocket watch? Plant it.
Find a copy of Terminator 2 on laserdisk? Plant it.
You find a pair of socks? Plant it.
You find a Milli Vanilli casette tape? Plant it.
"We could have ourselves a mighty fine cookout with those items. Too bad that's not what we're doing."
- Upon equipping the Fire Bellows and the War Machete:
"Cook em and Stick em... or the other way around. Makes no difference."
- Or the Pike and Bellows:
"Well, if you can't burn it, you can always blow it to Mother-on-High, right?"
- Or the Bellows and Galleon Mortar:
"Zia's cooking must have gotten to him."
- Hammer repeatedly and desperately on the door to the outhouse:
- Anytime that a particularly hard boss is defeated by... falling off the playfield. This tends to happen a lot with Scumbags and Lunkheads.
- Become a hair-pulling situation as the final enemy of Shield Test forces you to do this.
- Killing a boss with the explosion-on-death effect from Hearty Punch is pretty funny, too, especially if you weren't expecting it/forgot you had it on. Queen Anne the Anklegator is particularly vulnerable to this.
- The Kid lands at any given area... flat on his face.
- If are about to leave the Bastion and opt to return to the Bastion instead of going anywhere, the Kid has already taken a leap up to the sky... so he just falls down and lands flat on his face.
- Especially at the begining of the Sundown Path. The camera focuses on a bale of hay for a good few seconds then zooms out and the kid faceplants into the level a little to the left.
- In contrast to the various, far from ideal, objects he DOES crash into like weapon turrets and crates.
- Showing the gel canister (a special item on the Steam version that summons a mini-turret from Portal) to Zulf gets you this reaction.
" 'You show me whoever made this,' Zulf says, 'and I'll show you a scientific genius.'"
- Ruck's announcer cameo in Dota2 has plenty of these.
"Ready for some more of this 'Doter' thing?"
- The Kid finds the Distillery right next to the Armory. Tough part of town.
- The fact that the Kid needs to level up first so he can drink more. Good thing there are no alcoholic drinks allowed in town.