* After about a half-page of discussing the homemade silencer, and how that friend likely had some secret compartment to hide the gun for just when he needs it, complete with a locking mechanism and other doodads, Arctor's inner monologue reveals he has his service weapon in a much more devious hidden place, where nobody will ever find it: [[spoiler:his glove compartment]].
* Charles Freck's suicide attempt. Nuff said. (Beware the multi-eyed eight-foot-high being with the endless scroll!)
** Who will be reading you your sins ''in shifts'' throughout eternity!
* The argument about how a 21-speed bicycle works, leading the drug-addled characters to determine that someone stole eleven gears from it.
** It gets even more confused when Freck thinks he sees one more gear than the rest do. Then two less. Then two more again.
* Barris is going to find out who's got something against Arctor. How? He's set up a a microphone to start recording when someone comes through the front door. To increase the chance that intruders will enter via the front and not another way, he's left a ''note on the door'' saying that it's unlocked. Arctor and Luckman are shocked and not even sure whether he's being serious or not.
-->'''Barris:''' Of course I'm kidding! Only a psychotic would do that, leave the front door of the house open with the door unlocked and a note on the door.
-->'''Arctor:''' [[INeverSaidItWasPoison What'd you write on the note, Barris]]?
-->'''Barris:'''...I wrote, "Come on in, the door's unlocked."
* The homemade silencer, which just makes gunshots even ''louder''. So much so that Arctor is startled awake by the gunshot and grabs his gun.
* Barris taunting a skittish Freck by speaking in a strange language and voices.
* ...which was preceded by a silly AreYouPonderingWhatImPondering between Barris, Luckman and Arctor:
-->'''Barris''': How much does this Impala weigh?
-->'''Arctor''': A thousand pounds with passengers and a full tank of gas.
-->'''Luckman''': [[AskAStupidQuestion How many passengers?]]
-->'''Luckman''': [[StupidQuestionBait Six in the front and six in the back]]?
-->'''Arctor''': No, that's eleven in the back and the driver sitting alone up front. All the weight in the wheels is to keep the car from fishtailing.
-->'''Luckman''': What are we talking about, twelve fifty-pound passengers?
-->'''Arctor''': Kids soccer team.
-->'''Luckman''': Is that metal or plastic cleats?
-->'''Arctor''': Metal... for safety.
-->'''Barris''': OK, my computations are complete, ''you'' are just huckletweet and ''you'' are just bugbyte squared.
-->'''Luckman''': What kind of bug?
-->'''Barris''': [[SuddenlyShouting About-to-get-fucked-up-bitch-beetle]]!
* Luckman freaking out on the highway while Arctor and Barris just calmly stand by.