* The actresses' performances [[LaughablyEvil make light of how evil the Sanderson sisters are]]. Then you start to think about what they're trying to do, and that before they were caught, they were presumably doing it for a while. Even the other two, who are less outwardly dark, become creepier when you think about it. Sometimes, ''especially'' the other two.
-->'''Winifred:''' (about Binx) Whatever shall we do with him?\\
'''Mary:''' [[ImAHumanitarian Let's barbeque and fillet him!]]\\
'''Sarah:''' (childlike, reaches wantingly) [[PsychopathicManchild Hang him on a hook and let me play with him!]]\\
'''Winifred:''' (pushes Sarah back): NO!
** The movie also makes light of the fact THEY MURDERED A LITTLE GIRL IN THE OPENING! Okay, it is not as much making light of it as it is viewers seem to forget itů
** Mary is portrayed as the resident BigEater of the trio and is always eager to eat children. It gives us the stomach-churning implication that she's the fattest member of the trio specifically ''because'' she's eaten so many children!
* Three little girls snatch the witches brooms and fly off with them (the woosh sound in the background). Those three are never seen again. Let's just hope they weren't still flying around when the Sanderson sisters died.
* When Winifred finds the spell to cast on Thackery, she mutters, "As usual..." How many other people have had to suffer Thackery's fate of being cursed with eternal life in the body of a widely-hated animal, [[AndIMustScream unable to tell anyone what happened to them?]]
* Max is infamously shamed by pretty much every character who knows he's a virgin, but gets the brunt of it from his little sister. Why? Because she's only ever heard that it's something bad, not what it actually means. It's similar to how some kids will use "gay" as an insult only because their introduction to the word was as an insult, rather than another term for homosexual.
* Allison accidentally bumps into an oven while hiding in the alley while the sisters are searching for them. This gives the protagonists the idea to attempt to bake the witches in the pottery kiln at the high school. Sound [[Literature/HanselAndGretel familiar?]]
* Near the end of the movie the trio drift off to sleep thinking that they are victorious and the witches think that all hope is lost because they don't have the book. A lamenting Winifred croons out the window, "Book, would you come home/ or make yourself known?" Cut to the book in Max's room opening its eye, looking towards a sleeping Max and Allison and then quickly shutting it again when the pair suddenly wake up. The two then decide to open the book which shoots out a beam of light alerting the witches to its location. Winnie unknowingly cast a spell and the book responded!
** On a related note, this would explain why Allison would say "Nothing unusual seems to be happening" even though the viewers can see the light radiating from the book and shooting out of the cupola--the spell Winifred cast made the book send out a signal ''only the sisters'' could see, and it was only made visible to the viewer through a PerceptionFilter so we'd know it was happening.