-> "Today, I was nearly hung. I got into a fight with a psychotic albino. I ate a cockroach, my best friend disappeared, and then I'm nearly assassinated by a runaway elevator. ''I've had a bad day''." - Kieth ... and that's ''before'' he finds out about the vampires
''Vamp'' is a 1986 horror/comedy film starring Grace Jones.
The film follows college students and best friends Keith and AJ, who, while trying to pledge for a fraternity, head out to find a stripper to dance for them. Their search leads them to the wrong side of town and a seedy stripper bar. There they find a stunningly beautiful stripper, Katrina (Jones), and settle on her as their main choice. However unknowest to them, the bar as well as the whole section of town is run by vampires. AJ finds this out first hand when he tries to convince Katrina to come dance for them and ends up as a meal for her instead. Keith meanwhile searches for his missing friend and slowly starts to realize that something isn't right with the town's patrons. Along the way he runs into a waitress working at the club, Amaretto, who joins in on his search as the two try to survive the night.
!!''Vamp'' provides examples of:
* AbsurdlySpaciousSewer: Keith makes his way around one in the middle of the movie and the climax take place in one as well since it is the vampire's resting grounds.
* BadBoss: Katrina isn't fond of failure as one unfortunate waitress finds out.
* BigDamnHeroes: [[spoiler: AJ returns to save Keith and Amaretto from Katherine's lover at the climax]]
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler: For AJ at least, sure he saves his friends from being killed and fed on. But killing Katrina doesn't change him back and he's stuck as a vampire for the rest of his lif...er existence. He can't even join his friends on the surface when all's said and done. Having to stay stuck in the sewers to avoid the sunlight.]]
* ChekhovsGun: The bow and arrow.
* DangerTakesABackseat: When Keith, Amaretto and Duncan try to flee the town in Ducan's car. [[spoiler: Duncan claims he feels weird as they're driving off. Keith then looks in a mirror, notices he doesn't have a reflect and realizes he's been turned.]]
* DeathBySex: Poor AJ
* EvenEvilHasStandards: The vampires don't attack indiscriminately, they mostly go for people with no family that would come looking for them so as to keep their secret safe. Which is the reason why Keith is a concern for them because the waitress at the time didn't know he was with AJ.
* EvilAlbino: Keith runs a afoul of one and his gang while searching the streets. Ironically they're not vampires [[spoiler: and wind up killed by them when they inadvertently help Keith and Amaretto escape after being cornered.]]
* EvilElevator: Keith has a close call with a malfunctioning elevator.
* EvilLaugh: Katrina sports a crackling one after drains AJ.
* FaceRevealingTurn: Played straight with Duncun after they try to escape the club in his car only to find out he was bitten and turned. Averted with Amaretto when it turns out to be a fake out.
* FlippingTheBird: [[spoiler:Katrina's final act as her sun-disintegrated skeleton still has has some movement left in it.]]
* GameFace: Katrina vamps out while having sex with AJ. We see her fangs form, her toenails growing longer and her eyes change color. AJ doesn't notice this until she starts screeching.
* IAteWhat: Self-inflicted when Keith idly fishes something out of a candy dish while watching the stage act, only noticing too late that the bowl is full of cockroaches.
* KillItWithFire: Done twice in the film to kill a horde of vampires
* MissingReflection: AJ reveals to Keith this trope is in effect after becoming a vampire. Later, as Keith is trying to leave town, he discovers [[spoiler: Duncan]] has become a vampire when he doesn't see him in the rear view.
** The fact that the strippers are all vampires is Foreshadowed when two of them are shown facing one another through the empty mirror-frame of a double-sided makeup table, each applying cosmetics to the other.
* StakingTheLovedOne: Keith to AJ [[spoiler: he gets better.]]
* TranshumanTreachery: [[spoiler: Subverted, AJ manages to fight back his hunger to help Keith escape and even requests to be staked so as not to kill him.]]
* UndeadChild: Keith spots an undead girl attacking a hobo while prowling around town. She is also part of the undead group that try corner Amaretto and him.
* VampireDance: One of the highlights of the film when Katrina preforms for the club.
* VampireMonarch: Katrina
* YouHaveFailedMe: The waitress that directed AJ to Katrina as she thought he was alone. Once it's found out Keith was with him. Katrina promptly kills her for failing to notice this and has her body thrown away in a dumpster with AJ's body which Keith later finds.
* VampiresOwnNightClubs: Well a bar in this case.
* WrongSideOfTheTracks: Seriously of all the place to go looking for entertainment.
* YouCantGoHomeAgain: AJ tells this to Keith upon find his finding out he's a vampire.