''The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2'' is a 1986 horror film, which has Creator/TobeHooper returning to [[Franchise/TheTexasChainsawMassacre his most famous material]]. Unlike the first film, this film has a more comedic tone.
The family from the first film has expanded its activities into barbecue business, which they make from their victims. After hearing one of their attacks during her show, radio-host Vanita Brock (Caroline Williams) starts tracking them. A former Texas Marshall named "Lefty" Enright (Creator/DennisHopper) is also tracking them, with vengeance on his mind.
!!This film has the examples of:
* AssholeVictim: The obnoxious drunk idiots at the beginning.
* BackupTwin: Chop Top is apparently the twin brother of Nubbins from the original.
* BigDamnHeroes: A chainsaw-wielding Lefty finds the family's dining room in time to interrupt the family's attempts to slaughter Stretch, who he didn't know was there in the first place.
* BittersweetEnding: [[spoiler: Lefty is successful in killing most of Leatherface's family, but sadly he also perishes during the grenade explosion caused by Sawyer. And the final shot implies that Stretch became insane as a result of the whole ordeal.]]
* BloodierAndGorier: The first film is known for being surprisingly light on blood. This film throws it out the window with a head getting chainsawed in half during the first ten minutes for starters.
** LG's face is cut off with an electric carving knife. ''While he is still alive.'' And he stays that way for several minutes.
** Chop Top has an exposed metal plate, which he constantly picks at with a heated coat hanger, eating whatever skin gets caught on it. At the film's climax, he gets an electric shock delivered straight to it.
** And the idea of of turning your head to a car and seeing your best friend at the wheel with half his sawn head sliding off as it's ''still driving''.
* ButForMeItWasTuesday: The Sawyers have no clue why Lefty is after them and even try to bribe him, thinking that it's a crooked cop thing.
* ChainsawGood: duh.
* CircusOfFear: Texas Battle Land, the run-down amusement park in which the Sawyers hide and prepare their victims.
* CreatorCameo: Tobe Hooper shows up in an early scene as some random party dude.
* DeathByIrony: The Sawyers all end up being chainsawed to death (Leatherface and Chop Top are impaled through the guts, while Drayton is stabbed/hacked through the back) as a result of one of their latest victims and a relative of their victims from the first film.
* DeadGuyPuppet: The hitchhiker from the first film has become a dried-up husk of a corpse named Nubbins. At first, Leatherface wears Nubbins like a costume. And then later, Chop Top uses Nubbins as a puppet.
* DenserAndWackier: This film is a lot more comedic than the first one.
** Leatherface continues fighting Lefty even after he is impaled by a running chainsaw.
** LG manages to cling on to life despite being beaten in the head with a hammer over a dozen times and having ''his face cut off'', lasting long enough to cut Stretch free as a final heroic act.
* DiagonalCut: Buzz's death.
* DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything: Leatherface licking his lips and making pelvic thrusts with his chainsaw in the general vicinity of Stretch's crotch. Not surprising, given that this leads to a very confusedly sexual scene that actually convinces Leatherface to not kill Stretch.
* DropTheHammer: Chop Top brains LG with a hammer, while the Sawyers try to get Grandpa to do this to Stretch.
* DualWielding: Lefty combats Leatherface with a chainsaw in each hand at the climax of the film.
* DynamicEntry: Lefty emerging from a tunnel into the family's dining room, chainsaw revving. [[CrazyAwesome While singing "Bringing in the Sheaves."]]
* EvilAlbino: Chop Top.
* FinalGirl: Stretch
* HappyEndingOverride: Well BittersweetEnding at least. The opening crawl for the first movie says that Sally's escape led to the discovery of the Sawyer clan's crimes, implying that they were ultimately brought to justice, but the opening crawl for ''this'' movie says that the police weren't able to find the killers, the victims, the house or any other evidence of the crimes.
* ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice: Both Leatherface and Chop Top get skewered through the guts with a running chainsaw at the film's climax.
* KillEmAll: [[spoiler:The remaining members of the Sawyer family are wiped out by the end of the film.]]
* MadeOfIron: L.G. manages to survive numerous hammer blows to the skull and having large strips of skin sawed off his body, including his face. He's even fully lucid in the moments before he succumbs to his injuries.
* MummiesAtTheDinnerTable: Nubbins's corpse has been turned into a crude puppet. Meanwhile, Grandma's corpse is kept enshrined in a similar manner.
* NewAgeRetroHippie: Chop Top is this. He's also a psychotic Vietnam veteran.
* OnlyKnownByTheirNickname: The eldest Saywer brother is referred to in all of the subtitles as "Cook", the name by which he is also known by fans. His actual name is given early in the movie, at the chilli contest: it's Drayton Sawyer. "Chop Top's" name is never revealed.
* RefugeInAudacity: Drayton Sawyer not only keeps his brothers murdering and eating people, he starts ''selling human meat as a legitimate business''. He even enters (and, during the events of the film, wins for the second time) a chilli-cook-off-contest with human flesh chilli.
* RememberTheNewGuy: Chop Top, who was in Vietnam during the events of the first film.
* ShesGotLegs: Stretch. And luckily she's in short shorts all the time.
* SlidingScaleOfComedyAndHorror: After the serious and deranged original film comes... a horror comedy?
* SoundtrackDissonance: After the bloody, over-the-top finale, the credits are accompanied by the bouncy country-rock tune "Strange Things Happen" by Stewart Copeland.
* TearOffYourFace: LG gets his face cut off with an electric carving knife.